- SOUTHEASTERN DANCE - IT WAS THE ’80S: 7:30 p.m., Vonnie Borden Theatre, Southeastern Louisiana University campus, Hammond. $5. 1980s prom to follow, Dance Studio KHS 153. Punch and cookies provided. $10 or $15, couples.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- TAILGATING COOKOFF: 8 p.m.-midnight Friday, and 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, The Loreauville Park, 601 Ed Broussard Road, Loreauville. Cooking competition, arts and crafts, bingo, live and silent auction and music by Pepper Jelly, The Band Cocodrie and Chubby Carrier. (337) 577-3852
- ART SHOW AND SALE: Reception, 1:30 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Rosedale Art Depot, 15021 Depot St., Rosedale. Sponsored by the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild Iberville Chapter.
- THE REAL INSPECTOR HOUND: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Cite des Arts, 109 Vine St., Lafayette. A one-act play by Tom Stoppard that follows two theater critics involved in a murder mystery. $15. www.citedesarts.org
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- TRAINFEST: 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Republic of West Florida Museum, 3317 College St., Jackson. Sponsored by The Greater Baton Rouge Model Railroaders, real live steam model locomotives will be demonstrated as well as both indoor and outdoor electric trains in all scales. www.greaterbrrailroaders.com
- APPEAR-2-DISAPPEAR: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., LIGO Science Education Center, 19100 Ligo Lane, Livingston. Discover why objects seem to appear out of nowhere and disappear from sight. Free. (225) 686-3173 www.ligo-la.caltech.edu/SEC
- canoe tour: 2 p.m.-4 p.m., Chicot State Park, Ville Platte. Guided tour of Chicot Lake. $2. (337) 363-6289 or lastateparks.com
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY HOMECOMING PARADE: 3 P.M., STARTING AT RAILROAD AVENUE NEAR LA CARRETA RESTAURANT AND ENDING AT THE UNIVERSITY CENTER ON UNIVERSITY AVENUE, HAMMOND. (985) 549-2150 OR WWW.SOUTHEASTERN.EDU/HOMECOMING
- NEW IBERIA DOWNTOWN ARTWALK: 4 p.m.-7 p.m., Shadows-on-the-Teche, 317 E. Main St., New Iberia. Local artist showcase. (337) 369-2330
RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 P.M.-7:30 P.M., LIBERTY THEATER, EUNICE. JACKIE CAILLIER, IVY DUGAS AND CAJUN COUSINS WILL PERFORM. (337) 457-7389 OR WWW.EUNICE-LA.COM
- LOUISIANA PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA: 7:30 p.m., Columbia Theatre, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. $20-$35.
- OPEN HOUSE AND VIEWING: 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Comfort Makers Boutique, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 12364 La. 416, Lakeland. View handmade quilts that are to be given to children with cancer and other catastrophic illnesses. There will also be items for sale to benefit the creation of more quilts. www.pctourism.org
- CONTRA & SQUARE DANCE: 2 p.m.-5 p.m., NuNu’s, 1510 Bayou Courtableau Highway, Arnaudville. Lesson at 1:45 p.m. Nancy Spero will be the caller and Emolyn Liden and Friends will be the band. $5. (337) 349-1622
- MASTERS OF SOUL: 7:30 p.m., Columbia Theatre, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. $20-$34.
- SOUTHEASTERN GUITAR QUARTET: 7:30 p.m., Pottle Auditorium, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Free.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- LET’S TALK ART SERIES: 5 p.m., Contemporary Art Center, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Fall series art exhibit. (985) 549-3962 or www.southeastern.edu
- CAJUN MUSIC TALK AND DEMONSTRATION: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Jeanerette Museum, 500 Main St., Jeanerette. Musician Chris Segura and ULL professor Michael Martin will speak. (337) 380-9057 or JeaneretteMuseum.com
- BESTLIFE IBERIA FLASH MARKET: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., Iberia Community Garden, 1505 S. Hopkins St., New Iberia. Mobile farmers market. (337) 367-0834
- GLOW FOR HALLOWEEN: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library Donaldsonville Branch, 500 Mississippi St., Donaldsonville. There will be story-telling and glow-in-the-dark green slime making. Ages 5 and older. Free, but registration is required. (225) 473-8052
- SOUTHEASTERN WIND SYMPHONY: 7:30 p.m., Columbia Theatre, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. $14, adults; $7, faculty/staff/seniors; $2, students.
- XIBIPIIO (I-BI-PEE-O) - A CONTEMPORARY BALLET: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 Vermillion St., Lafayette. As part of ULL’s SMART festival, Gina Hanchey, artist-in-residence, will perform. www.acadianacenterforthearts.org
- CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. “Street Art to Gallery Art”: Joseph Staples and Chic Connell, “Spinning on the Enola Gay Hangar Until I Make Myself Sick,” Lisa K. Blat and “Alumni Designers Exhibition.” Ends Nov. 7.
LOUISIANA State MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
Backwoods Gallery: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose