- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, 2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- BOOKWORM BASH: 10 a.m., Ascension Parish Library Dutchtown Branch, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. A program about worms. Open to youth of all ages. (225) 673-8699
- CONTRA & SQUARE DANCE: Lesson at 3:15 p.m., dance 3:30 p.m.-6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 700 Lee Ave., Lafayette. Charlene Heaton will be the caller and High Cotton will perform. $5
- RENDE-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Liberty Theater, 200 Park Ave., Eunice. Music by Yvette Landry & Richard Comeaux. (337) 457-7389 or eunice-la.com
- FEAST OF FLOWERS: Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center, 113 N. Cypress St., Hammond. A community-based project as part of Prospect 3 featuring installations and performance art focused on flora and fauna found in Florida Parishes. Students will build costumes to take part in the performance.
- HISTORY MYTH BUSTERS: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Rosedown Plantation, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. A two-week series where Rosedown staff will explore commonly-believed myths by relating how and why they were created and presenting factual information behind each myth. (225) 635-3110 or LaStateParks.com
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Silman Theatre, Bayou Teche Museum, 131 E. Main St., New Iberia. Annual gala with the unveiling of the “George Rodrigue Comes Home” exhibit. (337) 606-5977 or Iberiatravel.com
- “DEATH OF A SALESMAN” PAY WHAT YOU CAN PREVIEW: Cité des Arts, 109 Vine St., Lafayette. A production by the Lauren-Reilly Eliot Company. Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Colorcitedesarts.org
- BUD TORRES & COMPANY: 7 p.m., Julien Poydras Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. A live fundraiser concert to benefit the Pointe Coupee Historical Society. $25. (225) 638-6775
- THE RIVER PROJECT: 7:30 p.m., Heymann Performing Arts Center, 1373 S. College Road, Lafayette. A production of Ballet Memphis. Acadianacenterforthearts.com
- LIFE-SIZE NATIVITY SCENE: St. Charles College grounds, corner of La. 93 and Church Street, Grand Coteau. The display will be on view until mid-January. (337) 948-8004
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose