- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, La. 10, St. Francisville. A guided walking tour of the historic Rosedown Gardens and Outbuildings. Program occurs the first Friday of each month. (888) 376-1867. Included in admission.
LIFE WELL LIVED AND LOVE SHARED VOCAL PERFORMANCE: 7:30 P.M., JULIEN POYDRAS MUSEUM AND ARTS CENTER, 500 W. MAIN ST., NEW ROADS. VOCALIST DEBBIE WARD CANNON WILL PERFORM VOCAL SELECTIONS AS PART OF THE ARTS COUNCIL OF POINTE COUPEE’S PERFORMING ARTS SERIES. $28; STUDENT TICKETS, $10. (225) 638-6049
- BARN PICKIN’ SALE: 9 a.m., St. Charles Jesuit College, 313 E. Martin Luther King Drive, Grand Coteau. Antiques for sale. (337) 662-4002
- ‘INTO THE WOODS’: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Presented by the Tea Sippers’ Theatre Company. (337) 233-7060
‘WAIT UNTIL DARK’: 7:30 P.M. FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AND 3 P.M. SUNDAY, ESSANEE THEATER, 126 IBERIA ST., NEW IBERIA. PERFORMANCE BY THE IBERIA PERFORMING ARTS LEAGUE. $10. (225) 364-6114 OR EMAIL IPAL@COX.NET
- HAMMOND MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh local homegrown produce, vegetable plants, flowers, herbs, arts and crafts. dddhammond.com
- GUIDED NATURE HIKE (5K): 8:30 a.m., Longfellow Evangeline State Historic Site, 1200 N. Main St., St. Martinville. This guided nature hike provides visitors with off-the-beaten-path access to the 100-acre historic site. Park staff will take visitors on a paced walk that covers a measured 5K distance to develop endurance, and encouraging participation in a true 5K. (888) 677-2900
- ATTAKAPAS TRAIL MAINTENANCE DAY: 9 a.m., Longfellow Evangeline State Historic Site, 1200 N. Main St., St. Martinville. In honor of National Trails Day, volunteers are invited to help with maintenance and clean-up along the site’s Attakapas Trail. Participants should bring a pair of work gloves; refreshments and complimentary snowballs will be provided. (888) 677-2900.
TREASURES OF POINTE COUPEE: 10 A.M., JULIEN POYDRAS MUSEUM AND ARTS CENTER, 500 W. MAIN ST., NEW ROADS. RANDY HARELSON WILL DISCUSS HIS WORK AT 10 A.M. A CONVERSATION WITH JO BUSSE WILL TAKE PLACE AT 2 P.M. (225) 936-6509 OR (225) 718-5083
FAIS-DO-DO DANCE: 4:30 P.M., LAKEVIEW PARK & BEACH, 1717 VETERANS MEMORIAL HIGHWAY, EUNICE. LIVE MUSIC BY BRENDA C & THE CAJUN JAMMERS. $10. LVPARK.COM
- M&M MIXER (MENTOR MIXER): 6 p.m., Hammond Regional Arts Center, 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. EMY Girls, Inc. is seeking Lady Mentors who have the desire to guide young lady mentees (ages 7-19) to greatness, rubies, and pearls.
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m., Liberty Theatre, 200 Park Ave., Eunice. Featuring Kyle Huval & The Dixie Club Ramblers. $5. (337) 457-7389
- ART RETREAT TO THE COUNTRY: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., NuNu Arts & Culture Collective, 1510 Courtableau Road, Port Barre. Artists George Marks, Lisa deStefano and Jill Hackney present an opportunity to get inspired and create independently or with a fellow artist. $5, members; $15, non-members. (337) 453-3307
- CONTRA & SQUARE DANCE: 2 p.m.-4:30 p.m., NuNu’s, 1510 Bayou Courtableau Highway, La. 93 E., Arnaudville. Dance lesson and demo at 1:45 p.m. Sponsored by Louisiana Contras and Squares. Beginners welcome; all dances are called; no partner necessary. Gumbo, water and soft drinks for sale. $5.
- THE LAND OF OZ: 2 p.m., South Branch of the Livingston Parish Library, 23477 La. 444, Livingston. Teens ages 12-18 will enjoy a cinema-style viewing of a movie featuring everyone’s favorite wizard. Door prizes. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 698-3015 or mylpl.info
- MAD SCIENTIST LAB: 2 p.m., Albany-Springfield Branch, 26941 La. 43, Hammond. Children ages 4-8 will test their mad scientist skills by creating a bowtie, making a tornado in a jar, creating rain in a container, taking a picture in a photo booth, and more. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 567-1441 or mylpl.info
- OF MOVING COLORS PERFORMANCE AND DANCE WORKSHOP: 10 a.m., performance; 2 p.m., workshop, Main Branch of the Livingston Parish Library, 20390 Iowa St., Livingston. Of Moving Colors performs excerpts from “Kick It Out,” a grand dance performance for all ages set to the sounds of Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, James Brown, and many others from the Rat Pack & Motown eras. At 2 p.m., the company will help ages 12-18 explore creative movement, coordination, rhythm, and choreography. Free. Registration is required for the workshop. (225) 686-2436 or mylpl.info
- ‘GAME OF THRONES’ PARTY: 6 p.m., Main Branch of the Livingston Parish Library, 20390 Iowa St., Livingston. Ages 18 and older can celebrate Westeros and get ready for the Season 4 Finale of “Game of Thrones.” Trivia, food, and crafts. Costumes are not required, but encouraged. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 686-2436 or mylpl.info
- BRBT YOUTH BALLET SUMMER TOUR OF ‘FIREBIRD’: 1 p.m., Addis Community Center, 7520 La. 1 South, Addis. Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre’s Youth Ballet presents a children’s version of the classical ballet “Firebird.” Free. (225) 766-8379
- 3 SONGWRITERS ON SONGWRITING: 6 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Presented by Tipitina’s Co-Op Lafayette and the ACA. Free. (337) 233-7060
- PAUL AND LULU HILLIARD UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: University of Louisiana at Lafayette. “Contemporary Masters: Works on Paper,” through Aug. 16; “Earth and Element: the Art of George Dunbar,” Saturday-Aug. 30. “The Walter Anderson Family Legacy: Shearwater Pottery,” through Sept. 6. Gallery hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn