- WHAT: Senior Crime Prevention Expo, sponsored by the East Baton Rouge Parish SALT (Seniors and Lawmen Together) / Trial Council.
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16
- WHERE: Cortana Mall, 9401 Cortana Place, entrance 2, Baton Rouge
- DETAILS: The expo will provided information on various services, programs and functions offered by area businesses, nonprofit organizations, hospitals, nursing facilities, clinics, universities and government agencies for seniors. There also will be information on crime prevention and a free lunch from the EBR Sheriff’s Office, giveaways and entertainment.
- WHAT: Fall luncheon and bingo for Our Lady of Lake Retired Employees Association
- WHEN: 11 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16
- WHERE: Corcoran Conference Center, St. Francis and St. Ann Room, 4200 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge
- INFORMATION: (225) 664-8438
- DETAILS: All OLOL retirees are invited.
- WHAT: “Managing Your Credit,” a seminar by the Baton Rouge Chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants
- WHEN: 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18
- WHERE: Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway
- INFORMATION: Contact Gwen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DETAILS: Free and open to the public. It will include information on managing your credit cards responsibly, and tips on building or repairing your credit history.
NIGHT OF CULINARY DELIGHTS
- WHAT: “A Night of Culinary Delights,” Louisiana Hemophilia Foundation fundraiser
- WHEN: 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 25
- WHERE: River Oaks Catering and Event Center, 520 E. Kaliste Saloom Road, Lafayette
- TICKETS/INFO: $50. Table and corporate sponsorship opportunities available. LaHemo.org or (225) 291-1675
- DETAILS: Dr. John Hendry will be the 2014 honoree. The event will include a dozen local Acadiana restaurants offering delicious dishes. Featured restaurants include Astra Modern Market, Bon Temps Grill, Bread and Circus Provisions, Cajundome/Artisan Catering, City Café, iMonelli’s, Indulge, Nash’s Restaurant, Piece of Cake Bakery, River Oaks Catering and Ruffino’s on the River. Wine will be provided by Maxwell’s Market. There will also be a silent auction and music by Joe Besse and the Cajun Dulcimer Society. All proceeds benefit Louisiana Hemophilia Foundation.