- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, La. 10, St. Francisville. Visitors will join manager Patricia Aleshire for a stroll through the historic gardens. $5. (888) 376-1867.
- ‘PHINEAS & FERB’ MOTHER’S DAY TEA: 4 p.m., Galvez Branch Library, 40300 La .42, Prairieville. Children and their mothers, grandmothers and aunts will have tea and cake while listening to a “Phineas and Ferb” story, play pin the tail on the donkey and paint a present for Mother’s Day. To register, call (225) 622-3339. The same such event will take place at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 8, at the Dutchtown Branch Library, (225) 673-8699.
- RELAY FOR LIFE OF IBERIA PARISH: 6 p.m.-6 a.m., New Iberia Senior High School, 1301 E. Admiral Doyle, New Iberia. Car show, petting zoo, live entertainment, food. Fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. (337) 519-1978.
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Everett and Freret streets, Morgan City. Live music by Don Rich. No ice chests. Free. (985) 384-9291.
- PAINTING AT THE LIBRARY: 6 p.m., Dutchtown Branch Library, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. Brushes, paints and canvas provided. Call (225) 673-8699 to reserve a spot.
- ROUND 2 OF THE GREENHULK.NET US HYDRODRAG NATIONALS: races noon Saturday and 10:30 a.m. Sunday, Lake End Parkway, Lake Palourde, Morgan City. Jet Ski racing event. Food, drinks. $5 parking fee. (985) 395-4905.
- BEETHOVEN TO BOLERO: 7:30 p.m., Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. Performance by the Southeastern Louisiana Chamber Orchestra with the university’s choirs and choruses. $10, general admission; free, Southeastern students. (985) 543-4371.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn