- OKRA & CREOLE ZYDECO FESTIVAL: Festival grounds on Bayou Teche, 203 N. New Market St., St. Martinville. Okra cook-off on Saturday morning, food, crafts, carnival, on-site RV parking. Admission is $5 per person, children 12 and younger are free. (337) 394-2230.
- JAMBALAYA FESTIVAL: Gonzales Civic Center, 219 S. Irma Blvd., Gonzales. Cooking contests, carnival, art show, live music. Free. jambalayafestival.org or (225) 647-9549.
- GREEK FESTIVAL NEW ORLEANS: 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, 1200 Robert E. Lee Blvd., New Orleans. Greek cuisine, drinks, entertainment. greekfestnola.com.
- EW ORLEANS FOOD AND WINE EXPERIENCE: various times and locations in New Orleans. Wine dinners, seminars, tastings, Royal Street stroll and more.
- BAYOU COUNTRY SUPERFEST: LSU Tiger Stadium, North Stadium Road. Featuring George Strait, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean and more. bayoucountrysuperfest.com.
- KROTZ SPRINGS SPORTSMEN’S HERITAGE FESTIVAL: 5:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Saturday, and 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday, near the Atchafalaya River, Krotz Springs. Fishing tournament, wild game cook-off, live music, food, arts and crafts and more. Free. (337) 566-3527 or kssportsmensheritagefestival.com.
- SWAMP POP MUSIC FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Hidden Oaks Family Campground, 21544 U.S. 190, Hammond. Featuring live Cajun, Zydeco, Country and more. hiddenoaksfamilycampground.com.
- CAJUN HEARTLAND STATE FAIR: Cajundome, 444 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. Family entertainment, rides, games, food. cajundome.com.
- SNEAK PEEK OF LOUISIANA PARTY TOUR III: 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Old Ferry Landing, River Road, Port Allen. Join Henry Turner Jr. and Flavor for live gospel music, blues and folk music and more. The event will also feature a Merchandise Village and multiple food vendors. Attendees can get in free with a non-perishable food donation from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. After 2 p.m., a $5 donation is requested. (225) 802-9681.
- SWAMP POP MUSIC FESTIVAL: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Evangeline Downs Event Center, 2235 Creswell Lane Extension, Opelousas. Featuring TR Hulin, GG Shinn, Warren Storm, Willie Tee, Cypress and Tommy McLain. $10. (337) 594-3000
Zydeco Extravaganza: noon-midnight, Blackham Coliseum, 2330 Johnson St., Lafayette. Indoor and outdoor stages as well as an amateur accordion contest, food and more. $20; $15 in advance. (337) 594-3137 or zydecoextra.com.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn