- RAYNE FROG FESTIVAL: Gossen Memorial Park, Rayne. Signature events like frog racing and jumping and the selection of the Frog Derby Queen are accented by carnival rides, live entertainment, and an arts and crafts show. raynefrogfestival.com
- ZWOLLE LOGGERS & FORESTRY FESTIVAL: Zwolle Festival Grounds, South Main Street, Zwolle. The festival was started to celebrate the community’s logging history. There are arts and crafts, food, rides, music and the famous “mudbog.” zwolleloggersandforestryfestival.com
- BAYOU CAJUN FEST: Larose Civic Center, Larose. Pirogue races, music, food, dancing and sports tournaments. The festival promotes cultural, educational, and leisure activities. bayoucivicclub.org
- ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF HERBS AND GARDENS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., 235 Marie St., Sunset. Plants, herbal products, pottery, garden art and presentations. (337) 662-3542 or sunsetherbfestival.com
- GREATER NEW ORLEANS INTERNATIONAL DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL: 8 a.m.-4 p.m., on the Tchefuncte Riverfront
403 ST. FRANCIS ST., MADISONVILLE.
ST. FRANCISVILLE CORVETTE, OPEN CLASSIC CAR, MOTORCYCLE SHOW & FESTIVAL: 9 A.M.-3 P.M., MAGNUSON HOTEL, OLD 7059 U.S. 61, ST. FRANCISVILLE. (225) 635-3821 OR MAGNUSONHOTELSAINTFRANCISVILLE.COM
- CRAWFISH JAMS: noon-8 p.m., Morrison Parkway, downtown New Roads. Boiled crawfish, crawfish specialties, jambalaya and more, with live music: Gerard Delafose, noon-1:30 p.m.; BluePrint, 2 p.m.-3:30 p.m.; Chase Tyler, 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m.; and Bag of Donuts, 6 p.m.-8 p.m. Admission: $5. (225) 638-5360
- DESTREHAN SPRING ARTS AND CRAFTS MARKET: Ormond Plantation, River Road, Destrehan.
- CRAWFISH MAMBO: 11 a.m.-7 p.m., UNO Sandbar and The Cove, Founders Road, 2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans. A cooking contest and all-you-can-eat benefit staged by the UNO International Alumni Association, with music and more. $20. crawfishmambo.com
NEW ORLEANS SOUL FOOD FESTIVAL: AUDUBON ZOO, NEW ORLEANS. HIGHLIGHTS TRADITIONAL SOUL FOOD COOKING, ALONG WITH ENTERTAINMENT.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
- NOLA VEGGIE FEST: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sunday, New Orleans Healing Center, 2372 St. Claude Ave. An annual celebration of healthy plant-based cuisine, featuring food vendors, restaurants, cooking demos, speakers, children’s activities and more. $10. NOLAVeggieFest.com
- ANNUAL CFMA ACADIANA CHARTER CHAPTER FESTIVAL: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Northwest Community Center, 501 Samuel Drive, Eunice. The Cajun French Music Association’s Acadiana Chapter with host the festival which includes an auction, food and live music performances by Kyle Huval, Briggs Brown and more. (337) 230-8121
THURSDAY-SATURDAY, MAY 16
- STARKS MAYHAW FESTIVAL: La. 12 and La. 109, Starks. Arts and crafts, food, carnival rides, and gospel and country-western music are featured attractions. mayhawfest.com
THURSDAY-SUNDAY, MAY 17
- PLAQUEMINES PARISH SEAFOOD AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL: F. Edward Hebert Boulevard, Belle Chasse. There will be local seafood and other local food specialties plus live music, local artists and craftsmen, carnival rides and helicopter rides over an historic battlefield. plaqueminesparishfestival.com
Compiled by Red staff