- WATSON BIRD AND SAUSAGE GUMBO COOK OFF: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Double D Daiquiris, 32334 La. 16, Suite B, Denham Springs. Eat gumbo, enjoy live music, and let the kids play games at this sixth annual event. For information, call (225) 337-0041 or (225) 281-0498.
- WINTER ARTS MARKET: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Palmer Park, New Orleans. Browse works from more than 100 local artists, ranging from paintings to photography and much more. The event also includes food and live music. For information, visit artsneworleans.org.
- PYGMALION FEST: 10 a.m., The Sugar Mill, 1021 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans. The after-parade party for the Mardi Gras Krewe of Pygmalion. Musical entertainment will be Stevie B and Cameo. Visit brownpapertickets.com to purchase tickets.
- KING CAKE FESTIVAL GLADIATOR GAMES: 8 a.m., Champions Square, 1 LaSalle St., New Orleans. The King Cake Festival is free, open to the public, and will feature live music, best costume contest, games, fitness challenge, family fun run tasting, tickets and people’s choice voting packages. For more details visit kingcakefestival.org.
- BATON ROUGE MARDI GRAS FESTIVAL: 7 p.m. to midnight, Henry Turner Jr.’s Listening Room in Bar 102 at the Belle of Baton Rouge Museum, 102 France St. Third annual opening reception for the festival. $25 suggested donation. For information, visit brmardigrasfest.com.
Compiled by Advocate staff