- BACH LUNCH: noon, Lafayette Science Museum, 433 Jefferson St., Lafayette. Live music by Les Hay Babies and lunches available for purchase from Antoni’s Café, Chris’ PoBoys, Hub City Diner, Joey’s Specialty Meats, Roly Poly and O’Charley’s Restaurant. Free. (337) 291-5544.
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Everett and Freret streets, Morgan City. Live music by Déjà vu. No ice chests. Free. (985) 384-9291.
- LAST FRIDAY FILM SERIES: 7 p.m., Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. Screening of “Apollo.” (225) 638-6575.
- SUGARFEST JR. AND HIGH SCHOOL RODEO: 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Sugarena, 713 NW Bypass, New Iberia. High school rodeo, prizes, concessions. Free. (337) 365-7539.
- GRILLIN’ IN THE PARK: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., New Iberia City Park, 300 Parkview Drive, New Iberia. Barbecue cook-off for kids and adults. Craft booths and sweets booths. Free. (337) 367-8464.
- SHADOWS PRESERVATION JAZZ BRUNCH: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., The Shadows-on-the-Teche, 317 E. Main St., New Iberia. Food by Chef Brian Blanchard of iMonelli Restaurant and music by Bunk Johnson Brass Band. Silent auction. Proceeds go toward preservation projects at the Shadows. $60. (337) 369-6446.
TUESDAY AND THURSDAY
- AUDITIONS FOR CHILDREN’S PRODUCTION: 6:30 p.m., Eunice Players’ Theatre, 121 S. Second St., Eunice. Auditions for the children’s production of “Nick Tickle, Fairy Tale Detective.” Fifteen children between the ages of 11 and 15 are needed. euniceplayers.blogspot.com.
- THIBODAUX FIREMEN’S FAIR: 10 a.m., Tiger Drive and Parish Road, Thibodaux. Firemen’s fair to raise money for Thibodaux Volunteer Fire Department.
- LOYALTY DAY CEREMONY: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Boulingy Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. A celebration of freedom with flag ceremony and harmony of patriotic music. Free. (337) 344-9397.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn