- ALLIGATOR FESTIVAL: West Bank Bridge Park, Luling. Live entertainment, a crafts show, poker run, local delicacies and amusement rides. www.alligatorfestival.org
ASCENSION HOT AIR BALLOON FESTIVAL: LAMAR-DIXON EXPO CENTER, 9039 S. ST. LANDRY AVE., GONZALES. HOT AIR BALLOONS, PLAY DIRTY ADVENTURE TRAIL RUN, ENTERTAINMENT, MUSIC, ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW, AND FOOD. $2, ADULTS; FREE, AGES 12 AND YOUNGER.
- BAKER BUFFALO FESTIVAL: Greenwood Park, Baker. Parade, food booths, entertainment, a boxing event, arts, crafts, games, carnival rides, a hot air balloon, a car show and talent show. www.cityofbakerla.com
- CUT OFF YOUTH CENTER HURRICANE FESTIVAL: Cut Off. Live music each day, carnival rides and a large variety of food items including hamburgers and fries, oysters, shrimp, fish and soft shell crabs, gumbos, and plenty of sweets.
- BOGALUSA BLUES AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL: Cassidy Park, Bogalusa. A lineup of blues musicians plus juried art, heritage education and Louisiana food. www.bogalusablues.com
- LOUISIANA SUGAR CANE FESTIVAL: New Iberia. Since 1937, kids have enjoyed the carnival with rides and games, while adults enjoy the fais-do-do street dancing to the tunes of local bands. Activities include crowning of Queen Sugar, a bake-off with plenty of sweets, art show and boat parade. www.hisugar.org
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- HARVEST DAYS: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Burden Museum & Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge. Educational event to interpret life in the 19th century rural Louisiana during the fall harvest. $9, ages 12-61; $8, ages 62 and older and 6-11; free, under age 5. (225) 765-2437 or rurallife.lsu.edu
- BEST OF THE BAYOU FESTIVAL: Main Street, Houma. Free two-day, two-stage event featuring national headliners as well as Louisiana and bayou-bred bands playing non-stop all weekend. Also, food, art, kids’ activities, open car show and toy alligator race along the bayou.
- FESTIVAL LATINO: 10:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m., BREC Airline Highway Park/Fairgrounds, 16072 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge. Presented by the Hispanic Apostolate, the festival offers entertainment, food from Latin American and Caribbean countries, crafts, vendors, activities for children and more. $10, adults; $2, children 10 and younger. festivallatinobr.com
MADEWOOD PLANTATION CAR AND CRAFT SHOW: NAPOLEONVILLE. ANTIQUE CARS, SPECIALTY CARS, CRAFTS, FOOD, DRINKS AND TOURS OF THE PLANTATION.
WEDNESDAY-SUNDAY, OCT. 5
- ST. TAMMANY PARISH FAIR: Covington. Exhibits, food, a livestock show, rodeo, live entertainment and a carnival. www.sttammanyparishfair.info
- TANGIPAHOA PARISH FAIR: Amite. Live entertainment, 4-H activities and displays, carnival rides, games, a gumbo cook-off; music, parade and food. www.tangipahoaparishfair.org
- OAK ALLEY PLANTATION FALL ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Oct. 25-26, Vacherie. www.oakalleyplantation.com
Compiled by Red staff