- 2ND ANNUAL EVERYBODY’S BIRTHDAY ZYDECO CELEBRATION: 9 p.m., St. Peter Claver Hall, 252 Church St., Grand Coteau. $10, advance; $12, door.
- LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL: Go back in time and see kings, queens and knights in shining armor. Food, drink, and merry-making. Seven stages, 100 merchants, and a cast and crew of more than 300 performing Renaissance activities. Hammond. la-renfest.com
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- NATIONAL BARREL RACE COMPETITION: 9 a.m., New Roads Muti-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. Various competitions will be held throughout the day. Fees apply to compete, free to watch. (225) 718-2438
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Liberty Theater, Eunice. Swamp Pop Night with a performance by The Cajun Classics. (337) 457-7389 or eunice-la.com
- SHOWTUNES SING-ALONG: 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Des Amis Dining and Catering, 225 W. Main St., New Iberia. Piano lounge style setting. Free. Daberry.org
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- LA FETE DU FESTIVAL: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Presented by Helmer Directional Drilling to benefit Festival International. There will be live music, food and crafts. $50. festivalinternational.com/fete
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 E. Main St., New Iberia. “Spanish Exhibit,” featuring a complete and genuine Flamenco costume and other artifacts and authentic pieces brought to New Iberia from Malaga region of Spain. Until Dec. 20.
Backwoods Gallery: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose