- PECAN RIDGE BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL: Alvin and Sadie Havard’s home, 4225 La. 952, Jackson. Featuring music by L&M, McManus Crossin’, Driskill Mountain, Parking Lot Pickers, Cooksey Family, 3D’s & Cousin D and Louisiana Purchase. (225) 629-5852
- LYDIA CAJUN FOOD FEST: 5 p.m.-midnight Friday, and 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, Weeks Park, 4412 Weeks Park Road, Lydia. Friday night fais-do-do and Saturday survivor walk, poker run, all-day fais-do-do, food court with more than 40 food vendors, crafts, carnival rides, face painting.
- NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIE FESTIVAL: Noon-11 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, Riverbank Stage, downtown Natchitoches. Also includes River Run, food, drinks, arts and crafts, kids games, live bands, dancing, meat pie tasting and eating contest throughout the day on Saturday.
- PARANORMAL FESTIVAL: Bourbon Orleans Hotel, 1003 Bourbon St., New Orleans. The Ghost Camp will feature New Orleans ghost hunters and expert authors and speakers. Events will take place in the hotel and other areas of the French Quarter. Daily and full event ticket packages are available. (504) 569-1465 or bourbonorleans.com/ghost
- HUMMINGBIRD CELEBRATION: 7 a.m.-3 p.m., National WildBird Refuge, 15736 Tunica Trace (La. 66), West Feliciana Parish, and 9485 Oak Hill Road, Bains. There will be tents, lectures and exhibits at both sites. Free.
- OLDIES BUT GOODIES FEST & BBQ COOK-OFF: grounds of the West Baton Rouge Tourist Information & Conference Center, 2750 N. Westport Drive, Port Allen. State Championship BBQ Cook-off, antique car show, poker fun run, dance contest, hula hoop contest, live music, food and drinks. (800) 654-9701
- ACADIAN VILLAGE FESTIVAL: LARC’s Acadian Village Event Area, Lafayette. Arts and crafts, food.
- PAPA GEORGE FAIRCHILD JAMABALYA COOK-OFF: 6 a.m.-4 p.m., St. Gabriel Catholic Church, 3625 La. 75, St. Gabriel. Featuring music by Michael Brandt. $5 a plate. Proceeds go to help Breena Brecegeay and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. (225) 939-6369
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose