- SHOP BERRY FROZEN HOLIDAY DEALS: Various Iberia Parish businesses are offering Shop Berry Frozen Deals and special events throughout November and December to encourage visitors and residents to shop local this holiday season. Participating businesses include Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText ColorBangles, Baskets and Scents, Blue Butterfly Boutique, Downtown Salon, Landscape Ranch, Queen City Cabinetry, Sisters, Sweet Interiors, Little River Inn, Fusion Photography, Shadows-on-the-Teche, Chateaux Rustique, Spa Almaz, Hampton Inn & SuitesText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color, and Emily’s Closet. Deals run from Nov. 28-Dec. 31. For more information visit iberiatravel.com or call (888) 942-3742.
WINDOW WONDERLAND: 9 A.M., HISTORIC DOWNTOWN MAIN ST., NEW IBERIA. RUNS THROUGH NOV. 28-DEC. 31. STOREFRONT WINDOWS ON NEW IBERIA’S HISTORIC MAIN STREET PLAY HOST TO FESTIVE HOLIDAY MAGIC ON MAIN THEMES THROUGH THE MERRY SEASON. THIS YEAR’S THEME IS “MAGIC ON MAIN HAS FROZEN OVER.”
- SOUNDS OF THE SEASON: 3 p.m., St. Peters Church,108 E. St. Peter St., New Iberia. Free Christmas concert by the Acadiana Symphony Orchestra presented by the Iberia Cultural Resources Association, featuring familiar Christmas songs as well as classical selections.
- CHAMBER MUSIC PERFORMANCE: 3 p.m., The Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. James Alexander and the Nicholls Camerata, a student string orchestra, will perform music by Edward Elgar, Benjamin Britten, and Johann Sebastian Bach. Wine and cheese reception follows. The event is free and open to the public.
- THE AUSTRALIAN TROPICS NEXT TOPIC: 7 p.m., Tope Lá Catering, 113 E. Thomas St., Hammond. The presentation will track one person’s reptile-driven passion for complete immersion into the animal communities of tropical Australia. The lecture is free and open to all ages.
- SETH RUDETSKY: 7:30 p.m., Angelle Hall’s Ducrest-Gilfrey Auditorium, 601 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. Sitting at the piano, with video clips at the ready, Rudetsky’s Deconstructing Broadway shows the ins and outs of what makes great Broadway great. For more information about ticket availability, contact the Heymann Performing Arts Center box office at (337) 291-5555.
- USO CHRISTMAS SHOW: 7:30 p.m., New Iberia’s Essanee Theater, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. An original musical, recreating the typical USO show enjoyed by the American troops in the 40’s and 50’s. Popular Christmas music of the period will be featured, along with traditional Christmas music, comedy, and skits. All Tickets are $15. Show will run Dec. 3-6. For more information call (337) 364-6114 or visit ipaltheater.com
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Thursday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or bayoutechemuseum.org
Clementine Hunter Traveling Exhibit: 10 a.m., Jeanerette Museum, 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. “The Art and Social Commentary of Clementine Hunter” runs through Jan. 15. For more information on this free program suitable for adults, contact the Jeanerette Museum at (337) 276-4408, or visit jeanerettemuseum.com
Garden Tour Fridays: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. Visitors can enjoy a monthly stroll through the historic gardens.
Jam Session: 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Fridays, Cajun Campground, 5552 U.S. 190, Eunice. A Cajun tradition in which both amateur and seasoned musicians take turns playing a tune.
Jeanerette Museum: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or lastateparks.com
La Table FranÇaise at Java Square CafÉ: 4 p.m. Fridays, Java Square Café, 103 W. Landry St., Opelousas. Grab a cup of coffee and share conversation and fun with other French speakers. Free admission.
University art museum University of Louisiana at Lafayette: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty” will be on display through Dec. 12. Also, the museum’s exhibits “Art Under the Big Sky” and “Imprinting the West” will run through Jan. 2. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
Washington Art Gallery: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday-Sunday. See “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or email@example.com
Compiled by Marchaund Jones