- RUN WITH A MISSION: 6:30 a.m., River Ranch Town Square, Lafayette. A 5K run benefiting foreign missionary work of Family Missions Company. Race starts at 7:30 p.m. $30. More information at roadracerunner.com and eventbrite.com.
- SHADOWS CHILDREN’S HISTORY CAMP: 9 a.m., Shadows-on-the-Teche, 317 E. Main St., New Iberia. Children ages 6-11 will be engaged in activities and crafts connected to Louisiana history.
- GERAMI ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS 2016: 4:30 p.m., 6 p.m., Heymann Center, 1373 S. College Road, Lafayette. heymanncenter.com
- HUB CITY FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Oil Center, 427 Heyman Street, Lafayette. This weekend includes an arts market. lafayettehubcitymarket.com/site
- LAFAYETTE FARMERS AND ARTISAN MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, the Horse Farm, 2913 Johnston St., Lafayette. Includes a Cajun Jam at 9 a.m. marketatthehorsefarm.com
- POINTE COUPEE PARISH VETERAN’S MONUMENT DEDICATION CEREMONY: 10 a.m., Pointe Coupee Parish Veteran’s site, 2202 False River Drive, New Roads. A ceremony to honor all veteran’s.
- HUNT ESTATE AND FINE FURNISHINGS AUCTION: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Heymann Center, 1373 S. College Road, Lafayette. Free admission. heymanncenter.com
- CLIFTON CHENIER CELEBRATION: Noon, Clifton Chenier Club, 2116 Fernand Crochet Road, New Iberia. Artists will pay tribute to Grammy award winning legend Clifton Chenier. Music, round table discussions and more.
- THE SIXTH ANNUAL BLUESBERRY FESTIVAL: 6 p.m., The Warehouse, 535 Garfield St., Lafayette. This is a family friendly event and kids under 12 get in free. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Musical performers include AJ and the Badcats, Henry Gray, and the Joe Krown Trio. The event also features bbq for sale, a blueberry homebrew, cookoff and best dressed contest. More information at eventbrite.com or facebook.com/BluesBerryFestival.
- TECHE AREA FARMERS MARKET: 7 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Experience a harvest of delicious, locally-grown produce and homemade products by area farmers, artists and crafters.
- OPELOUSAS FARMERS MARKET: 7 a.m., Farmer’s Market Pavilion, 925 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Discover St. Landry Parish’s rich bounties of homegrown fruits, vegetables, preserves and jellies, handcrafts and more.
- PROJECT DANCE 2016: 5:30 p.m., Heymann Center, 1373 S. College Road, Lafayette. heymanncenter.com
- PALEO COOKING CLASS WITH CHRISTINA SCIARRILLO: 6 p.m., Whole Foods, 4247 Ambassador Caffery Parkway, Lafayette. Featuring Paleo lasagna. Registration and more information at eventbrite.com.
- LUNCHTIME SIDEWALK ASTRONOMY: Noon-1 p.m., Lafayette Science Museum, 433 Jefferson St., Lafayette. See a safely filtered view of the sun and any sunspots. All ages are welcome. Free admission. lafayettesciencemuseum.org
- ACADIANA ENTREPRENUER MEETUP: 5:30 p.m., LITE, 537 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. Ongoing seriers of monthly INNOV8/OM Meetups. This month’s speaker is Frankie Russo of Potenza. More information at eventbrite.com.
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Thursday through Saturday. For information, call (337) 606-5977 or visit bayoutechemuseum.org.
- HILLIARD UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Condition Report,” a behind-the-scenes look at the daily preservation practices at the museum, through Aug. 13. “Depictions of Louisiana” from the permanent collection, works dating from the mid-19th century to the present and selected texts from literature to interpret Louisiana. On display through Aug. 20. hillliardmuseum.org
- “FROM THE HAT — JOHN GARGANO”: Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Works created by the artist while he was at his residency program in Alberta, Canada. Through Saturday.
- “ED PRAMUK — SOME DARKNESS, SOME LIGHT”: Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Featuring the painter’s works from 1974-2016. On display to Sept. 10.
WORKS FROM VICTORIA MORGAN: Cité des Arts, 109 Vine St., Lafayette. Currently on display in the gallery, works from the New Iberia painter.
METEORITE EXHIBIT: Lafayette Science Museum, 433 Jefferson St., Lafayette. See meteorites and tektites from around the world. lafayettesciencemuseum.org
- JAM SESSION: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Fridays, Cajun Campground, 5552 U.S. 190, Eunice. A Cajun tradition in which both amateur and seasoned musicians take turns playing a tune.
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Learn about the last 200 years of the sugar cane and cypress lumber industries and the days of the steamboat. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
- LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
Compiled by Marchaund Jones