- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St Francisville. Visitors can join manager Patricia Aleshire as she leads the monthly stroll through the historic gardens. (225) 635-3110 or LaStateParks.com
- HEALTHY COOKING DEMONSTRATION: 4 p.m.-5 p.m., Jean Lafitte Prairie Acadian Cultural Center, 250 W. Park Ave., Eunice. Free.
‘JIMMIE DAVIS LOUISIANA’S SINGING GOVERNOR’: 5 P.M., LIBERTY THEATER, 200 W. PARK AVE., EUNICE. PRESENTED BY SINGER/SONGWRITER BRIAN SIVILS AND FEATURING LIVE MUSIC, THE SHOW SHEDS LIGHT ON THE ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL ELEMENTS OF JIMMIE DAVIS. $7. (337) 457-6577
TRIVIA NITE: 6 P.M., CAMP BON COEUR, 405 W. MAIN ST., LAFAYETTE. TEAMS OF EIGHT CAN COMPETE FOR $250; DINNER INCLUDED. BENEFIT FOR CHILDREN, FAMILIES AND ADULTS WITH CONGENITAL HEART DEFECTS. (337) 233-8437
- POINTE COUPEE PARISH HIGH SCHOOL RODEO: 7 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, New Roads Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. (225) 718-2438
- ANNUAL NOEL ON THE PRAIRIE: 6 p.m. Friday (preview party), 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Chapelle Country Store at Le Village, 121 Seale Lane, Eunice. Holiday market. (337) 457-3573
- ‘GODSPELL’: 7:30 p.m., The Essanee Theatre, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. Presented by the Iberia Performing Arts League. There will be no performance on Nov. 13. A 3 p.m. matinee will be held Nov. 15. $15. (337) 364-6114 or ipaltheatre.com
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
FARMER’S MARKET AND CRAFTS SHOW: 8 A.M.-2 P.M., TRACTOR SUPPLY PARKING LOT, 2050 FALSE RIVER DRIVE, NEW ROADS.
ST. MARY PARISH RED RIBBON COMMITTEE FALL ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW BAZAAR FUNDRAISER: 9 A.M.-2 P.M., PATTERSON AREA CIVIC CENTER, 116 COTTEN ROAD, PATTERSON. (337) 836-9661
- KENT HOUSE SUGAR DAY: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Kent Plantation House, Alexandria. Demonstrations, live music, arts and crafts vendors, food, kids’ activities. $5; under 6, free.
MASTER CLASS: 9:30 A.M.-11 A.M., KINESIOLOGY AND HEALTH STUDIES BUILDING DANCE STUDIO, ROOM 153, SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY, HAMMOND. RIOULT DANCE NY WILL PRESENT. DANCERS 12 YEARS AND OLDER SHOULD REPORT NO LATER THAN 9:TEXT COLORSWATCH/NONESTROKESTYLE/$ID/SOLIDTEXT COLORSWATCH/NONESTROKESTYLE/$ID/SOLIDTEXT COLORTEXT COLORTEXT COLORTEXT COLOR15 A.M. IN DANCE ATTIRE. MICHAEL SPENCER PHILLIPS, A SENIOR MEMBER OF RIOULT DANCY NYTEXT COLORSWATCH/NONESTROKESTYLE/$ID/SOLIDTEXT COLORSWATCH/NONESTROKESTYLE/$ID/SOLIDTEXT COLORTEXT COLORTEXT COLORTEXT COLOR, WILL TEACH THE CLASS. (985) 549-2133
- HEALTHY FEST: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., City of Hammond Recreation Center, 601 W. Coleman St., Hammond. Free health screening, gospel music showcase. Also, 5K walk to fight diabetes, 9 a.m., Zemurray Park, 400 S. Oak St., Hammond.
- JEANERETTE LIVE!: 10 a.m.-10 p.m., Main Street, Jeanerette. Presented by the Jeanerette Community Development Corporation, the event will feature hand-crafted items, children’s activities, live music and food. (985) 714-6438 or JeaneretteLive.com
VETERANS DAY PARADE: 11 A.M., MAIN STREET, NEW ROADS. (225) 638-5360 EXT. 212 OR PCTOURISM.ORG
NEW IBERIA HOLIDAY VENDOR EVENT: 11 A.M.-4 P.M., CYR GATES COMMUNITY CENTER, NEW IBERIA CITY PARK, 300 PARKVIEW DRIVE, NEW IBERIA. A SHOPPING EVENT FEATURING PRODUCTS IN THE FIELDS OF HEALTH AND BEAUTY, JEWELRY, CRAFTS, ART, COOKWARE AND MORE. THERE WILL ALSO BE CHILDREN’S ACTIVITIES. (337) 577-2117
BAYOU CARLIN COVE HOLIDAY MARKET: 5 P.M.-9 P.M., 605 S. RAILROAD ST., DELCAMBRE. THERE WILL BE HOLIDAY THEMED SHOPPING, CRAFTS AND GIFTS. (800) 884-6120 EXT. 6
RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 P.M.-7:30 P.M., LIBERTY THEATER, EUNICE. BRANDON MILLER & LOUISIANA INFERNO WILL PERFORM. (337) 457-7389 OR EUNICE-LA.COM
- TIME CAPSEULE UNEARTHING: 2 p.m., Jeanerette Museum, 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. The museum’s new exhibit, “Yesterday’s Tomorrows: Uncovering the Past,” will be introduced, and “A Tour of American Music” will feature Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue. (337) 276-4408
- LUIS ALBERTO URREA: 4:30 p.m., Petroleum Club Ballroom, 111 Heymann Blvd., Lafayette. Urrea will discuss the relationship between his writing and his search for identity. He is a critically-acclaimed writer and best-selling author of 13 books, has won numerous awards for his poetry, fiction and essays. He was the 1996 writer in residence at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. $30, open seating; $35, reserved seating. (337) 280-3212
- RIOULT DANCE NY: 7:30 p.m., Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. $25-$39. (985) 543-4371 or columbiatheatre.org
- LUIS ALBERTO URREA: 3:30 p.m., Oliver Hall Auditorium, UL Lafayette College of Liberal Arts. The Friends of the Humanities will host Urrea as he shares a reading from “The Devil’s Highway.” Free. (337) 981-7236
BALLROOM AND LATIN DANCE CLASSES: 5 P.M.-7 P.M., RECREATION CENTER, 508 4TH ST., FRANKLIN. ATHLETIC SHOES NOT RECOMMENDED. (337) 828-6345 OR FRANKLIN-LA.COM
- NATIONAL ROLL CALL FOR THE FALLEN HEROES: 1 p.m., Pennington Student Activity Center, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. A moment of silence for all military soldiers and veterans who have served the nation. There will also be games, a rock wall, inflatable football toss, horseshoes, bean bag toss and refreshments. Indoor activities include a campus/community fair of resources and services available to veterans. (985) 549-3386
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- ‘LET’S TALK ART’ SERIES: 5 p.m., Hammond Regional Art Center, 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. Sponsored jointly by Southeastern Louisiana University’s Department of Fine and Performing Arts, the Hammond Regional Arts Center, the Friends of Sims Library, and LSU Art, the event is a discussion of work that includes 60 pieces of mixed-media narrative images. Professor Kelli Scott Kelley will speak on “Accalia and the Swamp Monster,” an autobiographical fairy tale that sets the tone for a body of art work. (985) 549-3962 or southeastern.edu
- ‘PINOT & AUGUSTINE’: 6:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermillion St., Lafayette. Presented by Happenstance Theater, the 45-minute production is the tale of a clown duo. acadianacenterforthearts.org
- ‘HARVEY’: 7 p.m., Eunice Players’ Theatre, 121 S. Second St., Eunice. Three-act classic comedy. (337) 546-0163 or (337) 457-2979
- NACHOS & BOARD GAMES: 4:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library Dutchtown Branch, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. A teen program for grades 6 and up. (225) 673-8699
- MINUTE TO WIN IT: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library Donaldsonville Branch, 500 Mississippi St., Donaldsonville. A TV show-themed game event for youth ages 8-12. (225) 473-8052
- BAYOU STATE BOOK TALK: 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m., South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St., Lafayette. Offered by the Center for Louisiana Studies in partnership with the Lafayette Public Library System, poet Genaro Ky Lý Smith will discuss and read from his new book, “The Land Baron’s Sun.” Free.
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY
- CABARET MACABRE: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermillion St., Lafayette. Presented by Happenstance Theater, it is a series of dark, comic vignettes, songs and physical comedy. acadianacenterforthearts.org
- CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. “Street Art to Gallery Art”: Joseph Staples and Chic Connell; “Spinning on the Enola Gay Hangar Until I Make Myself Sick,” Lisa K. Blat, and “Alumni Designers Exhibition.” Ends Friday.
LOUISIANA State MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
Backwoods Gallery: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose