- SOUTH LOUISIANA BLACKPOT FESTIVAL AND COOK-OFF: Acadian Village, 1717 Veterans Memorial Highway, Eunice. Two days of music, dancing, food, camping and jamming. Live performances range from Cajun and zydeco, to Creole, swing, hot jazz, blues, bluegrass, Americana, Irish and old-time. Also, an old-fashioned black pot cook-off, accordion contest, called square dancing, and ample camping space for tents and RVs.
- FRENCH FOOD FESTIVAL: Larose. Cajun cuisine, Cajun heritage and music. www.bayoucivicclub.org
- FALL FESTIVAL: 6 p.m.-10 p.m. Friday, noon-9 p.m. Saturday, and 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday, St. Louis King of France Catholic Church, 212 N. Sherwood Forest Blvd. Food, rides, games, raffles and music by Red Armes on Friday and Giacomo on Saturday. (225) 275-7280
FRIDAY-SUNDAY, NOV. 2
- GREATER BATON ROUGE STATE FAIR: BREC Airline Highway Park/Fairgrounds, 16072 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge. Fair offers a 40-ride carnival, children’s activities, agricultural exhibits and nightly live entertainment. www.gbrsf.com
- PUMPKIN PATCH SALE AND CRAFT SHOW: 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Blackwater United Methodist Church, 1000 Blackwater Road, Central. Crafts from all over the state, hayrides, games and other activities. Families can wander through the patch and take pictures. There will also be an opportunity to purchase pictures posing with a Scarecrow.
- ROUGAROU FEST: Houma. Family-friendly festival celebrating the rich heritage of Cajun folklore that exists along the bayous of southeast Louisiana. It includes the Krewe Ga Rou Halloween Parade, the Rougarou Run, a costume contest, live music, art vendors, food, drinks and kids’ activities. www.rougaroufest.org
- HARVEST MOON FESTIVAL: 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m., The Bayou Teche Scenic Highway, La. 182, Franklin. In celebration of the sugarcane harvest and return of fall, there will be live entertainment, arts and crafts, children’s play area, 5K run/walk, classic car show, costume contest, golf cart parade and the Miss Harvest Moon Festival pageant. (337) 578-2559
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW: Poche Plantation, 6554 La. 44, Convent. More than 100 vendors, food, entertainment, 5K fun run/walk, auction, cooking contest and tours. (225) 274-6618 or PochePlantationArtsandCrafts.com
- FRISCO FALL FEST: San Francisco Plantation, Garyville. BBQ contest, garden exhibits, guided tours of the renovated house, and 100-plus crafters, artists and chefs. (888) 322-1756
- FEAST ON THE LEVEE: 11 a.m.-7 p.m., St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 402 S. Kirkland Drive, Brusly. There will be food, a cake baking contest, auctions, games and a 5K race. Free. (225) 749-2189
WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY, OCT. 31
- CRAWLOWEEN: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, 423 Canal St., New Orleans. Children encouraged to wear costumes, learns the myths behind some scary critters, make a bug craft and have Halloween treats. $3 off regular admission for children wearing costumes. auduboninstitute.org/insectarium
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose