- LOUISIANA CATFISH FESTIVAL: St. Gertrude Catholic Church, 17324 La. 631, Des Allemands. Food, music, arts and crafts, rides and a 5K and 1-mile fun run are on tap for this popular festival. louisianacatfishfestival.com
- NEW ORLEANS PRIDE FESTIVAL: Various locations throughout New Orleans. Celebrations of LGBT events, including appearances by Bianca del Rio. A parade runs Saturday. prideneworleans.com
- DOWNTOWN COUNTRY MUSIC FEST: 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Parc International, Lafayette. Enjoy country music from Frank Foster, Laney Wilson, The Gillis Silo and many more. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the gate. socialentertainment.net
- LOUISIANA CAJUN-ZYDECO FESTIVAL: Louis Armstrong Park, 701 N. Rampart St., New Orleans. Hear traditional and modern performers of Cajun and zydeco music while enjoying arts and crafts and seafood. jazzandheritage.org/cajun-zydeco
ROOTS REGGAE CULTURE FESTIVAL: 10 A.M. TO 9 P.M. SATURDAY, 10 A.M. TO 8 P.M. SUNDAY. TAD GORMLEY STADIUM, 5400 STADIUM DRIVE, NEW ORLEANS. ENJOY ARTS AND CRAFTS, CARIBBEAN FOOD AND LIVE MUSIC FROM THIRD WORLD, RICHIE SPICE AND MANY MORE.
- BEAUREGARD WATERMELON FESTIVAL: Beauregard Parish Fairgrounds, DeRidder. Live entertainment, food, pageants, children’s activities and watermelons are the hallmarks of this west Louisiana festival. beauregardwatermelonfestival.com
Compiled by Advocate staff