- “FLIGHT 83”: 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. Movie screening as part of the Last Friday Louisiana Film Series presented by the Pointe Coupee Parish Historical Society. Free. Popcorn and soft drinks available. (225) 718-6706
- SUGARFEST CLASSIC BRAHMAN SHOW: 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Acadiana Fairgrounds, 713 NW Bypass, LA 3212, New Iberia. Louisiana cattle show. (337) 365-1540 or iberiatravel.com
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com.
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- SHOWTUNES SING-ALONG: 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Des Amis Dining and Catering, 225 W. Main St., New Iberia. Free. Daberry.org
SATURDAY AND TUESDAY
- TECHE AREA FARMERS MARKET: 7 a.m.-11 a.m. Saturday, and 2:30 p.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday, Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 369-2330
- PIANO/SAXOPHONE CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., Pottle Music Building Auditorium, SLU, Hammond. Featuring SLU pianist/composer Philip Schuessler and alto saxophonist Richard Schwartz, of Eastern New Mexico University and formerly of Southeastern. Free. (985) 549-2184
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- PHOTO DAY: 5 p.m.-8 p.m., Rosedown Plantation, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. The park will stay open until dark to allow photographers to take photos of the sunset from the plantation grounds. $15. Reservations required. (225) 635-3332 or LaStateParks.com
THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE: 7:30 P.M., IBERIA PERFORMING ARTS LEAGUE, 126 IBERIA ST., NEW IBERIA. RUNS THROUGH SEPT. 13. $10. (337) 364-6114 OR IPAL@COX.NET
- CONTRA AND SQUARE DANCE: 7 p.m.-9 p.m., Joie de Vivre Cafe, 107 N. Main St., Breaux Bridge. Lesson at 6:45 p.m. $5. (337) 442-6354
- PAUL AND LULU HILLIARD UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: University of Louisiana at Lafayette. “Earth and Element: the Art of George Dunbar,” through Saturday. “The Walter Anderson Family Legacy: Shearwater Pottery,” through Sept. 6. Gallery hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon Friday, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278.
A&E GALLERY: 335 W. St. Peter St., New Iberia. Watercolor exhibit by Darnelle Delcambre’s students, through Sunday. (337) 367-7668.
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. “Cleo Scott: The Wildlife Carvings of a Louisiana Artist,” an exhibit of waterfowl decoys and life-sized sculptures of songbirds, through Sunday. (985) 399-1268.
- PHOTOGRAPHY & BEYOND: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Shadows on the Teche, 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. Exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
Compiled by Red staff