- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR FISHING TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, La. Express Boat Dock, Jarreau. Entry fees apply to fish the tournament and fishermen must qualify to fish the final classic tournament. $30. (225) 293-3402
- PURPLE HEART DAY & POW-MIA CEREMONY: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. A celebration honoring soldiers. Featuring a flag ceremony and harmony of patriotic music.
- 20TH ANNUAL HOT AUGUST NIGHT: 6 p.m.-10 p.m., downtown Hammond. Visit Downtown Development District’s office, #2 W. Thomas St., to purchase a wrist band for the wine tasting event.
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, West Thomas Street, Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park, Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- SECOND SATURDAY ARTWALK: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., downtown Lafayette.
- SUMMER GUN AND KNIFE SHOW: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Lafayette Event Center, 4607 Johnston St., Lafayette. Hundreds of displays of new and old guns, ammo, gun parts, books, knives, knife sharpening, coins, camouflage and related items at discount prices.
- ELVIS TRIBUTE ARTIST TRAVIS LEDOYT: 6:30 p.m., Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center Auditorium, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. Presented by the Arts Council of Pointe Coupee as part of its 2015 Performing Arts Series. Tickets are available at The Therapy Center and Roy’s Jewelers in New Roads. Contact Gale Roy at (225) 718-1574 to reserve tickets. Season ticket holders will use their Jay Dupuis tickets for this performance. The series is sponsored in part by a grant from the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival and Foundation.
- ‘THE GLASS MENAGERIE’ AUDITIONS: 6 p.m.-7 p.m., Eunice Players’ Theatre, 213 S. Second St., Director Denise Fusilier needs two adult men whose age range is early- to late-20s to fill the cast. More people are needed to assist with set decoration, backstage duties, costuming, etc. Open to anyone who wants to get involved with local community theatre, regardless of prior acting experience. Rehearsals will be in September and October; the show will run mid-November.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. (337) 577-9160 or GLVRanch.com/Glc-Meat-Market
- TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENT: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., False River. Every Tuesday through September. (225) 240-0174
- EUNICE FARMERS MARKET: 1 p.m., corner of Second and Park streets, Eunice. (337) 457-6503 or EuniceLa@hotmail.com
- ACADIANA GROWERS ALLIANCE FARMERS MARKET: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., First United Methodist Church Ministries Center, 211 W. St. Peter St., New Iberia. (337) 367-0838 or Facebook.com/BestLifeFlashMarket
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or BayouTecheMuseum.org
- HAMMOND REGIONAL ARTS CENTER: 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. Hours: 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. (985) 542-7113 or hammondarts.org
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Step into the past and learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. (337) 276-4408 or JeaneretteMuseum.com
- LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. An interpretive exhibit designed to teach locals and visitors about zydeco, one of the region’s musical treasures. The presentation includes seven panels that display the legends of zydeco, the history and information on how these Creole sounds developed from the colonial period to the present in South Louisiana.
- ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or www.LaStateParks.com
- UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty,” through Dec. 12; “Environmental Impact,” produced by David J. Wagner, through Saturday; and “Her Self: Works by Kathy Sosa,” through Saturday, Aug. 29. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
- WASHINGTON ART GALLERY: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or email@example.com
Compiled by Whitney Christy