- HOLIDAY MARKET AT THE MILL: 5 p.m.-8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, and Sunday 11 a.m.-4 p.m., The Old Mill, 311 Mill St., New Roads. Festivities include holiday shopping, arts/crafts, foods, and a Friday night style show. For more information, callText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color (225) 638-5360.
‘HIGH AND MIGHTY’: 7:30 P.M., SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY VONNIE BORDEN THEATER, 500 WESTERN AVE., HAMMOND. THIS NEW MUSICAL TAKES PLACE IN AN UPPER EAST SIDE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH DURING THE 1980S AND CENTERS AROUND YOUNG ADULTS WHO COPE WITH FRIENDSHIP, DECEPTION AND LONELINESS. TICKETS ARE $15 FOR GENERAL ADMISSION, $10 FOR STUDENTS AND SENIORS. SLU STUDENTS GET IN FREE WITH THEIR STUDENT ID. FOR TICKET RESERVATIONS, CALL (985) 549-2115.
- THE THIRD ANNUAL TURKEY DAY 7K & THE MASHED POTATO MILE: 7:30 a.m. for 1-mile run, 9 a.m. for 7K run, Chappapeela Sports Park, 19325 Hipark Blvd., Hammond. A race to benefit the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center and Our Daily Bread. Post-race party includes food, drinks and special activities hosted by the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center.
GIGANTIC GARAGE SALE: 8 A.M.-4 P.M., HOSPICE OF ACADIANA, 2600 JOHNSTON ST. #200, LAFAYETTE. ITEMS FOR SALE FOR THE EVENT WILL INCLUDE FURNITURE, JEWELRY AND OTHER HOUSEHOLD ITEMS . CONTACT (337) 232-1234 FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT.
CENTER OF GRAVITY: 1 P.M., LIGO LIVINGSTON OBSERVATORY, 19100 LIGO ROAD, LIVINGSTON. TAKE A TOUR OF THE FACILITY AND TALK TO A LIGO SCIENTIST OR SCIENCE SPECIALIST. IN ADDITION, EXPLORE AND INTERACT WITH OVER 40 LIGO SCIENCE CONCEPT EXHIBITS. THIS EVENT IS FREE.
SKYLINERS BIG BAND: 7 P.M., PETROLEUM CLUB, 111 HEYMANN BLVD., LAFAYETTE. SKYLINERS BIG BAND FEATURING BILLIE CASTLE AND RON GOMEZ WILL PERFORM THE LAST DANCE OF THIS SEASON. $15 PER PERSON AT THE DOOR. SEASON TICKETS FOR NEXT YEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR $60 PER PERSON. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (337) 234-2133.
- ‘THE SOLDIER’S STORY’: 7:30 p.m., Southeastern Louisiana University Pottle Music Recital Hall, 500 Western Ave., Hammond. An updated and re-imagined musical drama based on Igor Stravinsky’s “L’Histoire du Soldat,” a Russian folktale.
- OPENING NIGHT FOR CHRISTMAS IN THE CREVASSE: 6 p.m., Christmas in the Crevasse, Shadowbrook Lane, LaPlace. Ride on a hay wagon on five acres of farm land with over 80 lit Christmas displays. Wagons depart every 15 minutes. Take Christmas pictures with our fun stand-ins and have duck races with the hand water pumps.
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Thursday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or bayoutechemuseum.org
Clementine Hunter Traveling Exhibit: 10 a.m., Jeanerette Museum, 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. “The Art and Social Commentary of Clementine Hunter” runs through Jan. 15. For more information on this free program suitable for adults, contact the Jeanerette Museum at (337) 276-4408, or visit jeanerettemuseum.com
Garden Tour Fridays: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. Visitors can enjoy a monthly stroll through the historic gardens.
Jam Session: 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Fridays, Cajun Campground, 5552 U.S. 190, Eunice. A Cajun tradition in which both amateur and seasoned musicians take turns playing a tune.
Jeanerette Museum: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or lastateparks.com
La Table FranÇaise at Java Square CafÉ: 4 p.m. Fridays, Java Square Café, 103 W. Landry St., Opelousas. Grab a cup of coffee and share conversation and fun with other French speakers. Free admission.
University art museum University of Louisiana at Lafayette: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty” will be on display through Dec. 12. Also, the museum’s exhibits “Art Under the Big Sky” and “Imprinting the West” will run through Jan. 2. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
Washington Art Gallery: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday-Sunday. See “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by Marchaund Jones