- LIVINGSTON PARISH CHILDREN’S CHOIRS CHRISTMAS CONCERT: 7 p.m., Live Oak United Methodist Church, 34890 La. 16, Watson. Tickets for the concert are $5 and can be bought at lpccsing.org or at the door. A free nursery is provided during the concert for children under 4 years of age.
- TECHE AREA FARMERS MARKET: 7 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Experience a harvest of delicious, locally grown produce and homemade products by area artisans.
DELCAMBRE SEAFOOD AND FARMERS MARKET: 9 A.M., BAYOU CARLIN COVE BOAT LANDING AND PAVILION, 605 S. RAILROAD ST., DELCAMBRE. ENJOY WHAT’S FRESH FOR THE SEASON FROM AREA FARMS AND LOCAL WATERS, ALONG WITH TASTING OPPORTUNITIES AND RECIPES, LIVE MUSIC, KIDS’ ACTIVITIES AND OTHER SPECIAL EVENTS. SANTA WILL BE THERE.
THE ROTARY 2015 CHRISTMAS PARADE: 5 P.M., DOWNTOWN HAMMOND. THE THEME THIS YEAR WILL BE “A PATRIOTIC CHRISTMAS.”
- A CIVIL WAR CHRISTMAS — THE BATTLE OF OAKLEY PLANTATION: 10 a.m., 11788 Highway 965, St. Francisville. Walk through the soldier camps and see living history demonstrations of soldier life. Each day will feature a small reenactment of the October 1864 Battle at Alexander’s Creek. Admission for the Oakley House tour is $8 for adults, $6 for senior citizens, $4 for students, and free for children age 5 and under.
- ‘THE NUTCRACKER’: 6 p.m., The Suma Conference Center, 28975 S. Satsuma Road, Livingston. Join for this holiday classic as the Nutcracker battles the Rat King and then travels with Maria to the Kingdom of Sweets. Admission for Saturday is a nonperishable food item, and admission for Sunday is $15.
- JEANERETTE CHRISTMAS PARADE: 1 p.m., Main St., Jeanerette. Christmas parade with Santa Claus, marching bands, dance groups and more.
NORTHSHORE CHORAL SOCIETY PERFORMANCE: 2:30 P.M., ST. JOSEPH’S ABBEY, 75376 RIVER ROAD, ST. BENEDICT. THE SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY CHORUS, CONCERT CHOIR AND WOMEN’S CHORALE WILL JOIN THE NORTHSHORE CHORAL SOCIETY FOR A PERFORMANCE.
LAFAYETTE CONCERT BAND CHRISTMAS CONCERT: 3:30 P.M., THE BAYOU CHURCH, 2234 KALISTE SALOOM ROAD, LAFAYETTE. TICKETS FOR THIS CONCERT WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR FOR $10. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL (337) 989-1279 OR GO ONLINE AT LCBAND.ORG.
- PEARL HARBOR DAY MEMORIAL CEREMONY: 6 p.m.- 8 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. A celebration with flag ceremony, 21 gun salute, flag raising and harmony of patriotic music.
- TECHE AREA FARMERS MARKET: 2:30 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Experience a harvest of delicious, locally grown produce and homemade products by area farmers, artists and crafters.
SOUTHEASTERN NORTH LAKE COMMUNITY BAND PERFORMS: 7:30 P.M., SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY POTTLE MUSIC AUDITORIUM, 500 WESTERN AVE., HAMMOND. THE NORTH LAKE COMMUNITY BAND, UNDER THE DIRECTION OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR EMERITUS OF MUSIC JERRY VOORHEES, WILL PRESENT A CONCERT TITLED “SHALL WE DANCE.” THE CONCERT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND IS FREE OF CHARGE.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Local farmers selling produce, plants, honey, homemade pies and other items grown locally.
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Thursday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or bayoutechemuseum.org
- CLEMENTINE HUNTER TRAVELING EXHIBIT: 10 a.m., Jeanerette Museum, 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. “The Art and Social Commentary of Clementine Hunter” runs through Jan. 15. For more information on this free program suitable for adults, contact the Jeanerette Museum at (337) 276-4408, or visit jeanerettemuseum.com
- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. Visitors can enjoy a monthly stroll through the historic gardens.
- JAM SESSION: 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Fridays, Cajun Campground, 5552 U.S. 190, Eunice. A Cajun tradition in which both amateur and seasoned musicians take turns playing a tune.
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
- IDLEWILD PLANTATION CHRISTMAS LIGHTING DRIVING TOUR: 5 p.m.-9 p.m., Cotten Road, Patterson. Through December 31. Take a ride along a path filled with elaborate displays of Christmas lights while Christmas music enhances the drive through Kemper Williams Park in Patterson. Admission is $2 per car.
- IPAL PRESENTS ‘A USO CHRISTMAS SHOW’: Essanee Theater, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia, Runs Dec. 3-6. Thurs.-Sat. 7:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color30 p.m.-10 p.m. & Sun. 3 p.m.-5:30 p.m. For more informationText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color, visit ipaltheater.com
- LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
- LES CENELLES EXHIBIT: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m., Iberia Parish Library, 445 E. Main St., New Iberia. The Iberia Parish Library will host Les Cenelles, an original copy of the first anthology of African American poetry in the country, featuring 17 French-speaking poets and published in 1845. Runs through Dec. 31.
- MEN (ARTISTS) AT WORK: 10 a.m., The Arts Council of Livingston Parish, 133 Hummell St., Denham Springs. Multimedia works in photography, acrylics, colored pencils, watercolors, books, sculpture, and wood carvings will be on display. Exhibit will run through Dec. 23.
- ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or lastateparks.com
- SHADOWS MERRY MAKING SEASON: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Shadows-on-the-Teche, 317 E. Main St., New Iberia. The plantation home will be decorated in the 19th century holiday style and the “merry making” tours will focus on family celebrations in the 19th century. Runs Dec. 7-31. For more information, call (337) 369-6446 or visit shadowsontheteche.org
- LA TABLE FRANÇAISE AT JAVA SQUARE CAFÉ: 4 p.m. Fridays, Java Square Café, 103 W. Landry St., Opelousas. Grab a cup of coffee and share conversation and fun with other French speakers. Free admission.
- UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty” will be on display through Dec. 12. Also, the museum’s exhibits “Art Under the Big Sky” and “Imprinting the West” will run through Jan. 2. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
- VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS AT THE GREVEMBERG HOUSE: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 407 Sterling Road, Franklin. Enjoy displays of a traditional Victorian tree and seasonal greenery. Open daily except Christmas Eve and day. Admission is $10 per person, $8 for seniors. For more information, call (337) 828-2092.
- VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS: 9 a.m., Rip Van Winkle Gardens, 5505 Rip Van Winkle Road, New Iberia. Tours of the Joseph Jefferson Home decorated for the holiday season.
- VIEW OAKLAWN’S CHRISTMAS DÉCOR: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Oaklawn Manor, 3296 E. Oaklawn Dr., Franklin. The residence will be adorned for Christmas with a different style tree in every room. Viewing will be from Dec. 7 through Jan. 3, 2016. Admission is $15 per person and $10 for students.
Washington Art Gallery: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday-Sunday. See “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by Marchaund Jones