- JAMBALAYA LUNCH PLATE FUNDRAISER: 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Crossroads Church, 1006 N. Oak St., Hammond. Jambalaya, white beans, bread and dessert plates, $8. To benefit SOAR (Strengthening Outcomes with Autism Resources). (985) 792-7627 or email@example.com
NEIL LABUTE’S ‘FAT PIG’: 7:30 P.M., VONNIE BORDEN THEATRE. D VICKERS HALL, SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY, HAMMOND. AN SLU THEATRE PRODUCTION. $10, GENERAL PUBLIC; $5, SLU FACULTY, STAFF, SENIORS AND NON-SLU STUDENTS; FREE, SLU STUDENTS WITH ID. (985) 549-2115
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- 2ND ANNUAL TURKEY DAY 7K & THE MASHED POTATO MILE: 8:30 a.m., Chappapeela Park, 19325 Hipark Blvd., Hammond. A race to benefit the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center and the Tangi Food Pantry. Bring five non-perishable items and get $5 off your registration fee.
- DOWNTOWN COUNTRY CHRISTMAS: 10 a.Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Colorm.Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color-4 p.m., Historic Delta Grand Theatre, Opelousas. A holiday arts marketplace with local and area artists and vendors. Event ends at the Courthouse Square with “Lighting of the Oaks” and “Unveiling of the Nativity.”
- 8TH ANNUAL CRUISIN’ SOUTHERN STYLE CLASSIC CAR SHOW: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Paragon Casino Resort. Also, annual TBIPAC Barbecue Throwdown. Plates served 11 a.m.-1 p.m. $7. Marksville Chamber of Commerce Christmas Extravaganza: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Mari Showroom. $2 admission. paragoncasinoresort.com
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Liberty Theater, Eunice. Kevin Naquin & The Ossun Playboys will perform. (337) 457-7389 or eunice-la.com
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- RUNNING DOWN THE RIVER BARREL RACE COMPETITION: 9 a.m., New Roads Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. Various events will be held throughout the day. Fees apply to compete, free to watch. (225) 718-2438
- ‘HARVEY’: 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, Eunice Players’ Theatre, 121 S. Second St., Eunice. Three-act classic comedy. (337) 546-0163 or (337) 457-2979
- CITY’S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS LIGHTING: 5:30 p.m., parking lot of Patterson City Hall. (985) 395-5205
- SOUTHEASTERN JAZZ ENSEMBLE: 7:30 p.m., Pottle Annex Recital Hall, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Free. (985) 549-2184
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 E. Main St., New Iberia. “Spanish Exhibit,” featuring a complete and genuine Flamenco costume and other artifacts and authentic pieces brought to New Iberia from Malaga region of Spain. Until Dec. 20.
Backwoods Gallery: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose