- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR FISHING TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, La. Express Boat Dock, Jarreau. Entry fees apply to fish the tournament and fishermen must qualify to fish the final “classic tournament.” $30. (225) 293-340.
- HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON: 3 p.m., Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center, 113 N. Cypress St., Hammond. Summer blockbusters month continues with themed games like build a dragon, pom-pom catapults, dragon tail, frisbee hoop, and parachute play.
- “HAIRSPRAY”: 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, Essanee Theatre, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. An Iberia Performing Arts League musical production. $10. (337) 364-6114
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, West Thomas Street, Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park, Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. (337) 577-9160 or GLVRanch.com/Glc-Meat-Market
- TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENT: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., False River. Every Tuesday through September. (225) 240-0174
- EUNICE FARMERS MARKET: 1 p.m., corner of Second and Park streets, Eunice. (337) 457-6503 or EuniceLa@hotmail.com
- ACADIANA GROWERS ALLIANCE FARMERS MARKET: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., First United Methodist Church Ministries Center, 211 W. St. Peter St., New Iberia. (337) 367-0838 or Facebook.com/BestLifeFlashMarket
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or BayouTecheMuseum.org
- THE DOWNTOWN ART GALLERY 630: 630 Belanger St., Houma. Artist of the Month is Fred Marks. fredmarksart.com
- HAMMOND REGIONAL ARTS CENTER: 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. Hours: 1 p.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. (985) 542-7113 or hammondarts.org
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Step into the past and learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. (337) 276-4408 or JeaneretteMuseum.com
LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. A new interpretive exhibit designed to teach locals and visitors about zydeco, one of the region’s musical treasures. The presentation includes seven panels that display the legends of zydeco, the history and information on how these Creole sounds developed from the colonial period to the present in South Louisiana.
- ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. “History Mythbusters,” through Sunday. Site staff will explore commonly-believed myths, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily. (225) 635-3110 or www.LaStateParks.com
- UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty,” through Dec. 12; “Environmental Impact,” produced by David J. Wagner, through Aug. 8; and “Her Self: Works by Kathy Sosa,” through Aug. 29. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
- WASHINGTON ART GALLERY: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or email@example.com
Compiled by Whitney Christy