- TGIF MOVIE DAY: 1 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Films cary each Friday. Popcorn and lemonade. Free.
- THE WEIR: 7:30 p.m., Cafe Americain, 7521 Jefferson Highway. Play presented by the Baton Rouge Irish Club. Dinner service starts at 6 p.m. $10, in advance; $15 at the door. Tickets available only at Cafe Americain. (225) 924-9841
- DISNEY’S ALICE IN WONDERLAND JR.: 7 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU. $12. (225) 578-6996 or playmakersbr.org
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Fifth Street between Main and Laurel streets, downtown.
- INSIDE THE FRAME: 10:30 a.m., Frameworks Gallery, 8501 Highland Road. Informal “walk and talk” with gallery artists Kathleen Lemoine and Sheryl Southwick, whose works are on display until Saturday, Aug. 23.
- THE ANCIENT PRACTICE OF YOGIC SLEEP: 10:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m.- The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. $15. (225) 338-1170 or theredshoes.org
- AUTHOR GISELE HARALSON: 11:30 a.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Haralson will discuss her book, “When Money Meets Seduction.” Book signing to follow.
- ARCADE REBEL MOVIE: 2 p.m., Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. Teen can have popcorn and lemonade while watching the movie.
- GREEN PARADISE GALA: 7 p.m.-10 p.m., LSU Rural Life Museum, Essen Lane. Fundraiser for Baton Rouge Green, featuring an adult carnival with music, games, food, drinks and silent auction. $75. (225) 381-0037 or batonrougegreen.com
ROCK ‘N’ ROLL MINI GOLF WITH BETTER THAN EZRA: 8 P.M.-11 P.M., L’AUBERGE CASINO & HOTEL, BATON ROUGE. BENEFIT FOR THE BTE FOUNDATION. ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE, SILENT AUCTION, FOOD AND DRINKS.
- CASA KIDS DAY: noon-5 p.m., Mall of Louisiana. Exhibits, entertainment, visit by Mike the Tiger, playhouse giveaway at 5 p.m. to benefit Court-Appointed Special Advocates. casabr.org
- INTRODUCTION TO SCRAPBOOKING: 2 p.m., Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. Free.
- MICHELLE MCCALOPE BOOK SIGNING: 3 p.m.-6 p.m., Hotel Indigo, 200 Convention St. Meet the author and get “Good Job” signed.
- CRAFT NIGHT FOR ADULTS: 6:30 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Free.
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY
- YOUR PACE OR MINE WALKING CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Free.
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, 8470 Goodwood Blvd. (parking lot of Unitarian Church).
- HOLLYWOOD ON THE BAYOU: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales. Ed and Susan Poole will discuss Louisiana’s vast movie history. Free. (225) 647-3955
- DABBLE IN SCRABBLE: 6:30 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Free.
- RED STICK MOBILE FARMERS MARKET: 9 a.m.-11 a.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway; and 12:30 p.m-2 p.m., Star Hill Church, 1400 N. Foster Drive. Weather permitting.
- SEMESTER-AT-A-GLANCE: 9:30 a.m., First Christian Church, Old Hammond Highway. A look at the OLLI at LSU course offerings for fall beginning Monday, Sept. 15. (225) 578-2500 or OLLI@outreach.lsu.edu
- RETRO GAMES: 10 a.m., EBR Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Play Scrabble, Connect Four, dominoes and more, or tackle a jigsaw puzzle.
- WOMEN & WINE ON WEDNESDAYS: 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Kendra Scott, 10156 Perkins Rowe, Suite 150. Free social networking event for women. (225) 384-5157
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, 6400 Perkins Road (behind Pennington Biomedical Research Center).
- RED STICK MOBILE FARMERS MARKET: 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., Delmont Service Center, 3535 Riley St.; and noon-2 p.m., Dr. Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 E. Washington St. Weather permitting.
- MOMMY AND ME YOGA: 10:30 a.m., Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. For ages 1-5 and their parents or caregivers.
- TEEN ANIME CLUB: 4 p.m., River Center Branch Library, 120 St. Louis St. Watch two of the newest anime movies, and enjoy snacks. Free.
- BUTTERFLY STORY/CRAFT: 4:30 p.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. Children 4-6 will be read “Monarch Butterfly” by author-illustrator Gail Gibbons and make craft butterflies.
OLD-FASHIONED ICE CREAM SOCIAL: 6 P.M.-8 P.M., CAPITOL PARK MUSEUM, 660 N. FOURTH ST. CELEBRATE THE AUGUST BIRTHDAYS OF LOUIS ARMSTRONG, HUEY LONG, EARL LONG AND NAPOLEON BONAPARTE. FREE.
WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE LISTENING PARTY: 6 P.M., MAIN LIBRARY, 7711 GOODWOOD BLVD. AUDIENCE WILL LISTEN TO SELECT EPISODES FROM THE POPULAR PODCAST. FREE.
RINGLING BROS. AND BARNUM & BAILEY CIRCUS: 7 P.M., BATON ROUGE RIVER CENTER. THEME IS “SUPER CIRCUS HEROES.” $22.15-$67.50. RINGLING.COM
- BATON ROUGE GALLERY: 1515 Dalrymple Drive. Latest work by artist members Dawn Black, Katie Knoeringer and Matt Morris, through Thursday, Aug. 28. Hours: noon-6 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday. Free.
- BEAUREGARD GALLERY: 715 Europe St., (225) 383-1932. “Four the Arts,” four-artist exhibit by Chris Bajon Jones, Joette LeBlanc, Kathy Tedaldi and Judy Duplantis Vernon, through Sunday, Aug. 31.
- BREC SPLASH PADS: 8 a.m.-8 p.m., City-Brooks, Forest and Greenwood Community Parks. Open through October.
- CASAS FOR CASA PLAYHOUSE RAFFLE: Visit the CASA playhouse exhibit at the lower level court of the Mall of Louisiana. Raffle tickets will be for sale for $5 each through Sunday. Raising Cane’s will offer a free drink coupon for every raffle ticket purchased. casabr.org
- THE ENCHANTED MANSION, A DOLL MUSEUM: 190 Lee Drive. “Barbies” exhibit, through Saturday, Aug. 30. $4.50, adults; $3.50, seniors and $2, children. Under age 2 admitted free. (225) 769-0005, firstname.lastname@example.org or enchantedmansion.org
- JONES CREEK REGIONAL BRANCH LIBRARY: 6222 Jones Creek Road. “A Kaleidoscope of Quilts,” annual quilt show, through Wednesday, Aug. 27. (225) 756-1150
- LAGNIAPPE DULCIMER SOCIETY: Advanced class and Slow Jam offered Mondays in August and Sept. 1; basic beginner class and beyond-beginner class offered four Mondays in September (beginning Sept. 8), with final class on Oct. 6. Classes are 6 p.m.-7 p.m. at Community Bible Church, 8354 Jefferson Highway. (225) 261-6696 or email@example.com
livingston parish children’s chorus: New Convenant Church, Denham Springs. Fall semester underway. Apprentice choir for children in grades K-3 meets 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Chorus for grades 3-10 meets 6 p.m. Tuesday. lpccsing.org or (225) 247-5555
- LSU MUSEUM OF ART: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. “LeRoy Neiman: Action!,” exhibit of work by the American artist and sports illustrator, through Jan. 17, 2015. lsumoa.org
LOUISIANA ART & SCIENCE MUSEUM: 100 River Road S. Hours are 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. “American Brilliant Cut Glass: A Silver Lining” and “Herman Mhire - Emilio Garcia: The Art and Science of Shells,” through Sept. 24. $7.25 for adults; $6.25 for children ages 2-12 and seniors age 65 and older; $5 for groups of 15 or more. College students with ID and museum members are admitted free. (225) 344-5272 or lasm.org
Louisiana’s Old State Capitol: 100 North Blvd. “Light Up Louisiana” presented by the Louisiana Photographic Society. Exhibit continues until Sept. 20. (225) 342-0500
manship theatre gallery: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Belin “Off the Wall” exhibit, through Sunday, Aug. 24.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road. Prices include spay/neuter, microchip and all vaccinations. The society also offers adoptions 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Acadian Village Petco. For more information, call (225) 774-7701.
- CAT ADOPTIONS: noon-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. The society also holds adoption events 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the PetSmart in Siegen Marketplace and the Acadian Village Petco. (225) 636-2680
PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, PetSmart, 8660 Airline Highway. Kittens, cats, puppies and dogs available from the northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992
pet adoptions: 1 p.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, The Friends of the Animals Adoption House, 8476 Highland Road. The organization also offers adoptions noon-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Orvis in Perkins Rowe. friendsoftheanimalsbr.org
- WEST BATON ROUGE MUSEUM: 845 N. Jefferson, Port Allen. Offering free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day through Labor Day. “100 Years after the War to End All Wars,” exhibit marking the centennial anniversary of the start of World War I, through Oct. 26. “Carving Their Niche: The Bowie Family in Louisiana,” through Sunday, Aug. 31. (225) 336-2422, ext. 15
Compiled by Red staff