- BATON ROUGE JEWELRY AND MERCHANDISE SHOW: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Baton Rouge River Center, 275 S. River Road. The tenth year of this popular southern market, this trade show features nearly 500 booths. For information, visit helenbrett.com.
- OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: 8 a.m., Main Street District, Leesville. The festival will spotlight Main Street District merchants and the special promotions they have to offer for the Christmas season.
- REINDEER COLOR RUN: 9 a.m., Pilot Club of Leesville. Registration is $35. A team of 5 or more is $20/person. Wear white and dress in holiday style. Registration forms can be picked up at Merchants and Farmers Bank Main Branch and Russell’s Gift Shop. Contact Glenda Dowden at (337) 208-8326 or Betty Westerchil (337) 397-0599 for information.
- CAJUN FAMILY MUSIC FESTIVAL: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., Lamar-Dixon Expo Center, 9039 S. St. Landry Ave., Gonzales. Cajun food and drinks, cake walks and door prizes all day. There will be a Marine Corps Toys-for-Tots drive. Admission is $10 for the day, children 12 and under free.
- CHRISTMAS PARADE: 5:30 p.m., Main Street, Leesville. Pictures with Santa will be offered immediately following the parade at the VFW Hall, 205 E. Harriet St. Parents will receive a free 5x7.
- CHRISTMAS PAST FESTIVAL: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Girod Street, Mandeville. Enjoy the Sips of the Season stroll, a parade and lighting of the live oaks on the lakefront.
- LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL: 46468 River Road, Hammond. It’s the holiday weekend for the annual festival, which travels back to the early centuries and features hundreds of vendors. Admission is $18, $10 for kids 6-12 years old, free for children under 6 years old. For information, visit larf.net.
HOLIDAY REPTICON SHOW: 10 A.M.-5 P.M. SATURDAY, 10 A.M.-4 P.M. SUNDAY, LAMAR DIXON EXPO CENTER, 9039 S. ST. LANDRY AVE., GONZALES. TWO DAY-TICKETS ARE $15 FOR ADULTS, $5 FOR AGES 5-12. CHILDREN AGES 4 AND UNDER GET IN FREE. DAILY TICKETS ARE $12 FOR ADULTS, $5 FOR AGES 5-12. THIS EVENT FEATURES LIZARDS AND OTHER REPTILES. REPTICON.COM/BATONROUGE.HTML
- ZOOLIGHTS: Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. This annual zoo event features a mile-long trail of 50 illuminated displays of animals. Gates to the event will be open at 5:30 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults and teens, $4 for seniors, and $3 for ages 2-12 and Friends of the Zoo members. brzoo.org.
REFLECTIONS OF THE SEASON: 5:30 p.m.-9 p.m. West Baton Rouge Tourist Information & Conference Center Grounds, 2750 N. Westport Drive. Enjoy horse drawn wagon rides, children’s carnival rides and Trevor the singing reindeer. Entrance fee is $1. (800) 654-9701 or westbatonrouge.net.
Compiled by Advocate staff