- FALL CARNIVAL: 5 p.m.-7 p.m., Southeastern’s North Oak Park, 2699 N. Oak St., Hammond. To be held in conjunction with Trick or Treat with Greeks. (985) 549-3850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAST FRIDAY FILM SERIES: 6:30 p.m., Julien Poydras Museum and Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. (225) 638-6575
- FRIDAY NIGHT WARM-UP: 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Blackham Coliseum, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Fais do-do and Fall Fest. Registration required. louisiana.edu
- UNIVERSITY WIND ENSEMBLE ANNUAL HOMECOMING CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., Angelle Hall, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Costumes welcomed. Free.
- SPOOKTACULAR IV: 7:30 p.m., SLU’s Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Hammond. Southeastern Chamber Orchestra’s annual Halloween concert with costume contests. $10, adults; $5, faculty, staff, seniors and alumni, free to students.
- 5K AND 1-MILE FUN RUN: 8 a.m., Jungle Gardens, La. 529, Avery Island. 5K registration $35 and $20 for fun run. All proceeds to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Toll and entry to gardens for the day included in race registration. (337) 993-9377, email@example.com or active.com
- RAGIN’ ROAD RACE: 8 a.m., Alumni Center, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. 5K and one-mile fun run. louisianaalumni.org
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- DUTCH OVEN GATHERING: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Bogue Chitto State Park, 17049 State Park Blvd., Franklinton.
- HOMECOMING PARADE: 10 a.m., University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Begins at Blackham Coliseum and ends on St. Mary Boulevard by the Alumni Center. upc.louisiana.edu
- NINJA TURTLE PROGRAM: 10 a.m., Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown Branch, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. Themed games and crafts designed for children in grades Pre-K through second, but open to all ages. (225) 673-8699
- OPERATION CLEAN THE POND: 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Franklin Visitor Center, 15307 US 90 W., Frontage Road, Franklin. Volunteers needed to help rid the pond of salvinia, an invasive species. (337) 828-2555
- BENEATH THE BALCONIES: 2 p.m.-5 p.m., Main Street, New Iberia. Hosted by the Iberia Preservation Alliance and New Iberia Main Street Program. Seating available, preference to disabled patrons. Call to reserve, (337) 367-8746, (337) 364-1603 or IberiaCultural.com
- ‘THE PIED PIPER’: 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., Amite High School Theatre, 406 S. Laurel St., Amite City. Missoula Children’s Theatre will present. (985) 543-4371 or columbiatheatre.org
RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 P.M.-7:30 P.M., LIBERTY THEATER, EUNICE. CFMA 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION WITH SPECIAL MUSICAL GUESTS. (337) 457-7389 OR EUNICE-LA.COM
HALLOWEEN EVENT: 6:30 P.M.-9 P.M., BOGUE CHITTO STATE PARK, 17049 STATE PARK BLVD., FRANKLINTON. THERE WILL BE TRICK-OR-TREATING AND HAY RIDES.
- WINE WITH FRIENDS: 7 p.m., Linus A. Sims Memorial Library, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. The group Friends of Sims Library will host the fundraiser featuring six wines paired with samplings of food. There will be live music, a silent auction and door prizes. $35. Reservations required. (985) 549-2186 or email@example.com
- ART WALK: 7 p.m.-9 p.m., South Second Street, Eunice. Presented by Eunice Community Art House and Niche Artist Gallery and Studio, art will also be displayed at Ruby’s Cafe, Damian Cuccio’s and Cafe Mosiac.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- ENCAMPMENT WEEKEND: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Shadows-on-the-Teche, 317 E. Main St., New Iberia. Free all-day admission sponsored by the Iberia Preservation Alliance. There will be a Civil War reenactment including demonstrations, marching drills, camp life, artillery firing and more.
- CHOCOLATE FESTIVAL: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., Hammond Square, 411 Palace Drive, Hammond. Sponsored by the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center, there will be tastings, eating contests, chef demonstrations, themed crafts, storytelling, music, games and more.
- WALKER HIGH SCHOOL BAND FAMILY NIGHT: 4:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Walker High School, 12646 Burgess Ave., Walker. Fundraiser for the Band of Legacy, features food trucks, games, performances at 6:30 p.m. in the stadium, drawings and more.
- US ARMY FIELD BAND: 7:30 p.m., SLU’s Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Hammond. Free.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- THE US ARMY FIELD BAND AND SOLDIERS’ CHORUS: 7:30 p.m., Heymann Performing Arts Center, 1373 S. College Road, Lafayette. Free.
- ‘GODSPELL’: 7:30 p.m., The Essanee Theatre, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. Presented by the Iberia Performing Arts League. $15. (337) 364-6114 or ipaltheatre.com
- CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. “Street Art to Gallery Art”: Joseph Staples and Chic Connell; “Spinning on the Enola Gay Hangar Until I Make Myself Sick,” Lisa K. Blat, and “Alumni Designers Exhibition.” Ends Friday, Nov. 7.
LOUISIANA State MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
Backwoods Gallery: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose