- PLANT EXCHANGE: 11 a.m., Albany-Springfield Branch Library, 26941 La. 43, Hammond. Bring plants or seeds to exchange and pick up new ones for your garden. Free. (225) 567-1441 or mylpl.info
- MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATION: 11 a.m., Louisiana Square, Donaldsonville. Jambalaya under the oaks and a 21 gun salute followed by placing of flags on veterans’ graves.
- MUSIC AND MARKET: 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Le Vieux Village, 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Vendors, live music, food and drinks. Performance by Yvette Landry beginning at 6 p.m. Bring lawn chairs. No ice chests. (337) 948-6263.
- RHYTHMS ON THE RIVER: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Front Street between Everett and Freret streets, Morgan City. Performance by T.K. Hulin. Food and drinks will be available for sale. No ice chests. Free. (985) 384-9291.
- BAR L RODEO: 8 a.m.-6 p.m., SugArena, Acadian Fairgrounds, 713 NW Bypass (La. 3212), New Iberia. (337) 365-7539.
- OF MICE AND MEN: 7:30 p.m., Theatre 810, 810 Jefferson St., Lafayette. A Wanderlust Theatre Company presentation. $10. (337) 484-0172 or wanderlustmen.eventbrite.com
- SPECIAL OLYMPICS STATE SUMMER GAMES: Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Opening ceremonies 7:30 p.m. Friday, Strawberry Stadium. For schedule of events, visit laso.org
- ‘BAYOU BELLS’: 7 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, Teche Theatre for the Performing Arts, Main Street, Franklin. Performance by Techeland Arts Council (337) 907-6412.
- HAMMOND ARTS AND CRAFTS AND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Arts and crafts, fresh produce and more. dddhammond.com
- SOUTHERN WAR OF THE OARS: 9 a.m., False River, New Roads. A paddle race for SUP’s, canoes and kayaks. Kids’ half mile, 400 meter sprint, 1 mile relay, 1 mile and 2 mile races. active.com
- FLEUR DE LIS ARTS & CRAFTS SHOW: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Natchitoches Event Center, Natchitoches. Woodworking, handcrafted pottery, jewelry, clothing, jams and jellies and more from more than 100 vendors. Free. (800) 259-1714.
- SPLASH BASH: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., New Iberia City Park, 300 Parkview Drive, New Iberia. Swimming, arts and crafts, games, fun jumps, refreshments. (337) 339-5903.
- VELO LE POSTE DE POINTE COUPÉE: 6 a.m., 108 La 413, New Roads. With both a 26 mile and 52 mile route available, there is a ride for all skill levels. Proceeds benefit the New Roads Recreational Trailhead Project. Post ride party with band at The Landing Lounge. active.com
- BLESSING OF THE BOATS: 2 p.m., Morrison Parkway, New Roads. A brief ceremony honoring those who have served the country followed by the blessing of the boats sponsored by the Kiwanis of Pointe Coupee. (225) 638-8626.
- MEMORIAL DAY CONCERT: 3:30 p.m., Bayou Church, Kaliste Saloom Road, Lafayette. “Songs of Remembrance” concert by the Lafayette Concert Band. Free. (337) 989-1279.
- MEMORIAL DAY CEREMONY: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Flag ceremony, 21 gun salute and patriotic music. Free. (337) 344-9397.
- MEMORIAL DAY AT PARAGON: 10 a.m., Avoyelles Veterans Monument, La. 1, Marksville. The ceremony will include a 21 gun salute performed by the Avoyelles Parish Honor Guard. A reception will follow. All veterans and active military personnel can enjoy a free buffet on Memorial Day.
- ELEPHANT & PIGGIE PARTY: 5:30 p.m., Albany-Springfield Branch Library, 26941 La. 43, Hammond. Kids can vroom around the library, play dress up, and make ice cream as well also enjoy a puppet show based on the popular book series by Mo Willems. Space is limited, so registration is required. Free. (225) 567-1441 or mylpl.info
- ‘WAIT UNTIL DARK’: 7:30 p.m., Essanee Theater, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. Performance by the Iberia Performing Arts League. $10. (225) 364-6114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn