- LOUISIANA CATFISH FESTIVAL: 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday, and 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, grounds of St. Gertrude the Great Catholic Church, Des Allemands.
- GARDEN FEST AT BURDEN: 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m., LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens, Essen Lane off I-10. Family event with tastings, tomato and cocktail contest, hayrides, music and more. Louisiana Culinary Institute student chefs will creating dishes using products from the Botanic Gardens. Admission: $10, adults; $5, 4- through 21-year-olds; free, children under 3. (225) 763-3990.
- JUNETEETH ROOTS AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL: noon, Odell S. Williams Now and Then African American History Museum, 538 South Blvd. Featuring the “Guiness Book of World Records” largest toothpick alligator, essay contest, horseback riding, live music by John Gray Jazz Trio. (225) 343-4431
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- PHO FESTIVAL: 10 a.m.-10 p.m., St. Agnes Le Thi Thanh Church, 6851 Eighth St., Marrero. Vietnamese foods, drinks, gifts and music. (504) 347-4725
- NEW ORLEANS PRIDE FESTIVAL: Washington Square, between Elysian Fields Avenue and Frenchmen Street, New Orleans. Live music and a parade through the French Quarter Saturday, as well as a block party on Bourbon Street on Sunday. prideneworleans.com or (504) 418-1725
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn