- CHRISTMAS LEFTOVERS PARTY: 6 p.m., Corporate Brew & Draft, 2561 Citiplace Ct., Suite 300. Swing by the bar after your Christmas fun and bring a leftover dish to share with others.
- REMINISCE THE ULTIMATE ADULT HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS CHRISTMAS NITECAP: 9 p.m., Allure NightClub and UltraLounge, 4715 Bennington Ave. An all-night party featuring music provided by T.J. Jackson and Ken O’Rourke. VIP sections are available. Free admission until 10:30 p.m. General admission is $10 after that time.
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m., Main Street Market, Fifth and Main streets.
- MISS TRUDY’S TRAVELING TRUNK SHOW: 11 a.m., Louisiana Art and Science Museum, Adalié Brent Auditorium, 100 River Road S. Sing, dance and share stories in this interactive program for young children that explores the art and science of the seasons.
- DOCTOR SPARK, THE ROVING EXPLAINER: noon to 2 p.m., Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 River Road S. Celebrate the International Year of Light with Dr. Spark with her backpack of surprises.
- DR. KRYSTAL BARNETT’S MAXIMIZED LIVING TOTAL FOOD MAKEOVER: 2 p.m., Independence Park Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Learn about heart-healthy living and get wellness tips from the doctor in this free seminar.
- WOMEN BRINGING WOMEN/LEOLA’S CITY WIDE AFTER CHRISTMAS PARTY: 6:30 p.m., Heartsease Family Life Church, Fellowship Hall, 1212 Florida Blvd. For any women who are suffering from life struggles or need to be refreshed. Special guest performer will be Anita Jarrell Robertson. Semi-formal dress code with and emphasis on the color red. For more information, contact (225) 202-4352.
- TWO-YEAR CELEBRATION: 6:30 p.m., Lock & Key Whiskey Bar, 5110 Corporate Blvd. Enjoy a night of tastings and music as the whiskey bar celebrates two years in business.
- BASF KIDS’ LAB — A HAIR-RAISING EXPERIMENT: 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. on Saturday, 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday, Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 River Road S. Kids will observe and compare properties of matter, such as viscosity. Then create and bottle your own hair gel. BASF Kids’ Lab requires adult participation and is offered on a first come, first served basis. Register by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- TANGO IN BATON ROUGE: 6:30 p.m., Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Learn the basics of tango at this class. Beginner lessons start at 6:30 p.m., followed by intermediate lessons and a practice dance. Cost is $8 for one class, $13 for both classes, $3 for practice dance only.
- 46TH ANNUAL RIVER ROAD SHOW: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane. See a national juried exhibition, sponsored by La. Art and Artists’ Guild, on display during normal business hours. Visit laag-site.org/River-Road-Show.html for more information.
- VIRTUAL BUILDING’S CAMP 2015 — A MINECRAFT EXPERIENCE: 7:30 a.m., Louisiana Technology Park, 7117 Florida Blvd. This three-day camp allows builders ages 8-12 to learn about building and designing Minecraft masterpieces. The cost is $300 per child. Bring a laptop with installed copy of Minecraft, and lunches for the first two days. Camp begins at 8 a.m. Pick-up is at 4:30 p.m. For more information, visit latechpark.com/events.
- BASIC BEADING CLASS: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Cajun Bead Crafts (4733 Jones Creek Road, Suite H). This free class allows patrons to learn how to make beautiful jewelry. Seating is limited. Call (225) 223-6573 for more information.
- SEED BEADING CLASS: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Cajun Bead Crafts (4733 Jones Creek Road, Suite H). This free class features a new seed bead pattern each week of a bracelet, necklace or earrings. Seating is limited. Call (225) 223-6573 for more information.
- CAAWS CAT ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, Acadian Village Petco, 3535 Perkins Road. caaws.org
- CAAWS DOG ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays, CAAWS Shelter, 6357 Quinn Drive. caaws.org
- CAPITOL PARK MUSEUM: 660 N. Fourth St. “Keeping Time: Extraordinary Images from Louisiana’s Musical Past.” Through May 31. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.
Capitol City Contemporary 2:Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color The Landscapes: Through Jan. 10, 2016. Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. On view are recent works in both abstract and realist styles of landscapes made by a dozen Baton Rouge artists.
- CAT ADOPTIONS: Noon to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. (225) 636-2680.
- ‘A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS’: West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen. An exhibit to mark five decades of the beloved cartoon characters. The exhibit continues through Jan. 3.
- ELIZABETHAN GALLERY: 680 Jefferson Highway. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. elizabethangallery.com
- FRAMEWORKS GALLERY: 8501 Highland Road. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. For more information, call (225) 769-0582 or visit fwgallery.net.
- ‘FINDING THE FORGOTTEN … IN THE SHADOWS OF THE MIND’: The Gallery at Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. This exhibition highlights the need to remember, relate to and reawaken the countless minds shuttered by dementia in the community.
- ‘THE PORTRAIT, THE ARTIST AND THE PATRON’: West Baton Rouge Museum, Port Allen. Runs through Jan. 17. The exhibit looks at 19th century portraiture in Louisiana with works from statewide galleries and private collections.
25 Years of the Hubble Space Telescope: Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. Runs through Jan. 16. Displays some of the most intriguing images taken by the telescope of far-away stars, galaxies, and nebulae over the past 25 years.
Jones Walker Foyer: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, and 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Free. (225) 346-5001.
Louisiana Art & Science museum: 100 River Road S. “Capitol City Contemporary 2 — The Landscapes,” through Jan. 10. The annual display spotlights the age-old tradition of landscape painting. (225) 344-5272 or lasm.org
- LOUISIANA’S OLD STATE CAPITOL: 100 N. Blvd. Hours: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. (225) 342-0500.
- LSU MUSEUM OF ART: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St.
- LSU SCHOOL OF ART’S ALFRED C. GLASSELL JR. GALLERY: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, and noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (225) 389-7180.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road. (225) 774-7701.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, PetSmart, 8660 Airline Hwy. Kittens, cats, puppies and dogs are available from the Northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992.
Pet adoptions: 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Friends of the Animals Adoption House, 8476 Highland Road. friendsoftheanimals br.org
Sun Light/Star Light — Contemplations on the Solar Orb: Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. Multi-media exhibition, explore the scientific, aesthetic, and spiritual dimensions regarding the moon and sun. Through Jan. 3.
- WINE WALK: 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Restaurant IPO, 421 Third St. Taste wines and enjoy foods in downtown Baton Rouge. $10 for a wine bracelet and a wine card for the list of venues and the number of tastings. Must be 21 years old. restaurantipo.com
Yelp! BR Pet Adoptions: Noon to 4 p.m. Sundays, and 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Petco Acadian Village, 3535 Perkins Road. Applications accepted for adoption approval. (225) 485-9200 or email@example.com
Compiled by Whitney Christy