- SOUTHEASTERN DANCE PERFORMANCE PROJECT: 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., Vonnie Borden Theatre, 1220 SGA, Hammond. General admission tickets are $5 and will be available one hour prior to the performance.
- BOUDIN COOKOFF: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Parc Sans Souci, Lafayette. This annual event features music from The Specklers and Zydeco Radio, and, oh yes, boudin, tons of boudin. Free, but sample tickets are 8 for $5. For more information, visit boudincookoff.com.
JEANERETTE LIVE: 10 A.M. TO 10 P.M., MAIN ST., JEANERETTE. THIS EVENT WILL FEATURE BOOTHS WITH HAND CRAFTED ITEMS, A KIDS ZONE, FOOD AND LIVE MUSIC THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
WILD THINGS YOUTH ART CONTEST AND EXHIBITION: 10 A.M., BAYOU LACOMBE VISITOR CENTER, 61389 LA. 434, LACOMBE. THE COMPETITION SPOTLIGHTS THE RICHNESS OF SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA’S NATIVE WILDLIFE AND HABITATS THROUGH DRAWING AND PAINTING MEDIUMS, AND ENCOURAGES AREA YOUTH TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THEIR NATURAL HERITAGE.
LIGO LIVINGSTON OBSERVATORY: 1 P.M. TO 5 P.M., LIGO SCIENCE EDUCATION CENTER, 19100 LIGO ROAD, LIVINGSTON.
- VOICES FROM OUR PAST: St. Landry Catholic Church Cemetery Tours: 6 p.m., 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday, St. Landry Catholic Church, Valentin Hall, 1020 N. Main St., Opelousas.
- LOUISIANA COMIC CON: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Cajundome, 444 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. Enjoy art, cosplay and games at this event. louisianacomiccon.com
- SILVERBACKS IMPROV THEATRE PRESENTS “HORRORSHOW”: 7:30 p.m., Theatre 810, 810 Jefferson St., Lafayette. The improv group will present an improvised take on psychological horror. The show is pay-what-you-can. To make reservations and more information, call (337) 484-0172.
- BACK TO THE FUTURE PARTY: 6:30 p.m.-10 p.m. Parc International, Lafayette. Enjoy live music, a selfie station and more at this “Back to the Future”-tinged party.
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia.
- HALLOWEEN AT CAJUN RVERA: 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Cajun RVera/SugArena, 713 Northwest Bypass, New Iberia. Trick or treat every Saturday in October. Costume contests also will be held.
- THE HAUNTED THEATRE HAUNTED HOUSE: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., The Teche Theatre for the Performing Arts, 501 Main St., Franklin. Every Friday and Saturday in Oct. Admission is $5.
- SLU STUDENT ARTWORK: The Hammond Regional Arts Center, at 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. The HRAC invites the public to stop by and see work currently being produced by SLU’s art and design students. Exhibit will run through Oct. 30.
- JAM SESSION: 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Fridays, Cajun Campground, 5552 U.S. 190, Eunice. A Cajun tradition in which both amateur and seasoned musicians take turns playing a tune.
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
- ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or lastateparks.com
- LA TABLE FRANÇAISE AT JAVA SQUARE CAFE: 4 p.m. Fridays, Java Square Cafe, 103 W. Landry St., Opelousas. Grab a cup of coffee and share conversation and fun with other French speakers. Free admission.
- UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty” will be on display through Dec. 12. Also, the museum’s exhibits “Art Under the Big Sky” and “Imprinting the West” will run through Jan. 2. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
- WASHINGTON ART GALLERY: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday-Sunday. See “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by Marchaund Jones