Series subscriptions include six season shows: The Rat Pack Tribute, Ballroom With a Twist, Ain’t Misbehavin’, Vox Lumiere: Phantom of the Opera, the Ellis Marsalis Quartet and The Man that Got Away: Ira Without George. Though the season will kick off with Steppin’ Out With Ben Vereen, this show is considered a Director’s Circle Special Event and not a part of the season.
The Director’s Circle is made up of donor members, but tickets to this event may be purchased without having to make a donation.
Season tickets are divided into categories. Director’s Circle, $133-$65; LSU faculty and staff, $153-$195; and public, $163-$205. Season tickets sales will run through Sept. 12.
• 2:30 p.m. Sept. 11, Steppin Out with Ben Vereen. Tickets are $40-$69 and will go on sale Monday, Aug. 8. Tony award-winning actor, singer and dancer Ben Vereen will perform a program of song and dance, stories of his life and humor.
• 7:30 p.m. Oct. 14, A 50th Anniversary Rat Pack Tribute. Tickets are $25-$45.
The Rat Pack Tribute is a trip back to the atmosphere of the Rat Pack era Las Vegas performed by America’s three most sought-after Rat Pack impersonators.
• 2:30 p.m. Oct. 30, Ballroom with a Twist. Tickets are $50-$70. Conceived and choreographed by Dancing with the Stars Emmy award-nominated dance professional Louis van Amstel, this show features professional dancers from Dancing with the Stars, American Idol finalists and performers from So You Think You Can Dance.
• 2:30 p.m. Nov. 20, Ain’t Misbehavin’. Tickets are $30-$45. This revue brings the musical soul of 1930s Harlem to the stage, taking the audience on a journey through the music of jazz legend Thomas “Fats” Waller.
• 7:30 p.m. March 3, 2012, Vox Lumiere: The Phantom of the Opera. Tickets are $34-$45. Vox Lumiere is the next evolution in entertainment, where rock concert meets theater ad classic silent films, presenting stories known by millions with new music and dramatic staging.
• 2:30 p.m. March 17, 2012, The Ellis Marsalis Quartet. Tickets are $39-$52. A performance by Louisiana Music Hall of Famer and premier modern jazz pianist Ellis Marsalis and his quartet.
• 7:30 p.m. April 20, 2012, The Man that Got Away: Ira Without George. Tickets are $30-$45. This show was created by internationally renowned critic, author and lecturer Rex Reed, who also narrates this star-studded tribute that follows the life of lyricist Ira Gershwin.
For tickets or more information, call (225) 578-5128 or visit http://www.uniontheater.lsu.edu.