- ALLEN PARISH FAIR: Allen Parish Fair Grounds, 400 Allen Ave., Oberlin. Enjoy this traditional Louisiana parish fair, which features music, food, booths, rides, and a rodeo.
- NATCHITOCHES MEAT PIE FESTIVAL: On the banks of the Cane River, downtown Natchitoches. The world-famous culinary staple is celebrated with a two-day fest that includes contests, music, and, most certainly, meat pies. Free. meatpiefestival.com
- ST. MARTIN PEPPER FESTIVAL: 200 N. Market St., St. Martinville. Cookoffs, rides and a hot pepper eating contests top off this festival. $5 for adults, $1 for children, and $3 for parking.
- NEW ORLEANS BURLESQUE FESTIVAL: Various locations in New Orleans. Burlesque entertainers from around the world gather for competitions, performances and parties. neworleansburlesquesfest.com
- ST. THERESA BON TON FESTIVAL: 4822 Carluss Drive, Sulphur. Three days of live entertainment, seafood, barbecue and festival activities are part of this South Louisiana annual event. st-theresa-parish.org
- STEAMBOAT STOMP MUSIC FESTIVAL: 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Toulouse St., New Orleans. The three-day program will feature some of the world’s finest musicians performing New Orleans-style jazz on one of the last authentic steamboats still operating in the United States. Weekend packages are available for $225. Patron-level and sponsor packages are also available starting at $300. Tickets to individual events can be purchased on the site. For more information, call (504) 586-8777 or visit steamboatstompneworleans.com.
Compiled by Advocate staff