- ST. ALOYSIUS PARISH FAIR: 2025 Stuart Ave., Baton Rouge. This event features music from bands such as Green River Ordinance and the Michael Foster Project as well as a children’s play zone, games and rides. Bracelets, ride tickets and food/beverage tickets will be on sale at the fair, beginning at 5 p.m. Friday. For more information, visit staloysiusfair.org.
- HOLY GHOST CREOLE FESTIVAL: Holy Ghost Catholic Church, 747 N. Union St., Opelousas. Enjoy Zydeco tunes from Lil Nate as well as Creole food in the 23rd annual iteration of this small-town festival. hgcatholic.org
- ANTIQUE TRADE DAYS ART AND CRAFTS FAIR: Historic downtown Ponchatoula. This three-day festival features local cuisine, children’s activities and fine arts and crafts booths. For more information, call (800) 617-4502 or (985) 386-2536.
- THE 32ND ANNUAL HOLY NAME OF JESUS SCHOOL GATOR FEST: 6 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday. Holy Name of Jesus School, 6325 Cromwell Place, New Orleans. This year’s theme is “Gators in Oz,” so head over to HNJ for incredible food, live entertainment and bands, game booths, carnival rides, and numerous fun activities for kids and adults of all ages. Free admission. All proceeds go to Holy Name of Jesus School. Visit facebook.com/hnjfair, or hnjschool.org or call (504) 861-1466 for more information.
FALL SWAMP POP MUSIC FESTIVAL: 11 A.M. HIDDEN OAKS FAMILY CAMPGROUND, 21544 U.S. 190 E., HAMMOND. ENJOY MUSIC FROM WILLIE T & CYPRUS, WARREN STORM AND MANY MORE AT THIS EVENT.
- ABBEVILLE GIANT OMELETTE CELEBRATION: Magdalen Square, Abbeville. Eggs? Yeah, Louisiana celebrates that, too. The annual Abbeville part features an egg-cracking contest and the preparation of a 5,000 egg omelette. giantomelette.org
Compiled by Advocate staff