- STARRY NOVEMBER NIGHT: 6 p.m.-10 p.m., downtown Hammond. There will be holiday-themed festivities, art stroll and wine tasting. (985) 277-5680 ext. 2 or dddhammond.com
CABARET MACABRE: 7:30 P.M., ACADIANA CENTER FOR THE ARTS, 101 W. VERMILLION ST., LAFAYETTE. PRESENTED BY HAPPENSTANCE THEATER, IT IS A SERIES OF DARK, COMIC VIGNETTES, SONGS AND PHYSICAL COMEDY. ACADIANACENTERFORTHEARTS.ORG
- AGILITY TRAIL: 11 a.m. Friday, and 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, Premier Soccer Center, 1550 Gordon Simon LeBlanc Road, St. Gabriel. More than 300 runs scheduled for all breeds of dogs. Free. (225) 766-5557
- ‘GODSPELL’: 7:30 p.m., The Essanee Theatre, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. Presented by the Iberia Performing Arts League. A 3 p.m. matinee will be held Saturday. $15. (337) 364-6114 or ipaltheatre.com
- RIVER ROUX TRIATHLON: 7:30 a.m., Morrison Parkway, New Roads. 1.2 mile swim in False River, 56 mile bike ride across the Mississippi on the James Audubon Bridge and 13.1 mile run in New Roads. (225) 454-3146 or riverrouxtri.com
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- FARMER’S MARKET AND CRAFTS SHOW: 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Tractor Supply Parking Lot, 2050 False River Drive, New Roads.
- BATON ROUGE BARREL RACE COMPETITION: 9 a.m., New Roads Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. Various competitions will be held throughout the day. Fees apply to compete; free to spectators. (225) 718-2438
- PINE NEEDLE BASKETRY CLASS: 1 p.m.-4 p.m., Louisiana State Arboretum, Ville Platte. Participants will learn the basic techniques of making a pine needle basket. The Arboretum will provide the supplies for participants. Pre-registration is required. (888) 677-6100
RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 P.M.-7:30 P.M., LIBERTY THEATER, EUNICE. HARRY & LISA TRAHAN’S FATHER/DAUGHTER BAND WILL PERFORM. (337) 457-7389 OR EUNICE-LA.COM
- CONTRA & SQUARE DANCE: 2 p.m.-5 p.m., NUNU’S, 1510 Bayou Courtableau Highway, Arnaudville. The caller will be Charlene Heaton and the band will be Anya Burgess & friends. $5.
- PIZZA & BOOKS: 4:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, 500 Mississippi St., Donaldsonville. (225) 473-8052
- ‘HARVEY’: 7 p.m., Eunice Players’ Theatre, 121 S. Second St., Eunice. Three-act classic comedy. (337) 546-0163 or (337) 457-2979
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
- RIOULT DANCE NY: 7:30 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermillion St., Lafayette. (337) 233-7060 or acadianacenterforthearts.org
- BOOKS AND BRUSHES - PAINTING AT THE LIBRARY: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, 500 Mississippi St., Donaldsonville. Paint supplies will be provided; participants should bring aprons. (225) 473-8052
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 E. Main St., New Iberia. “Spanish Exhibit,” featuring a complete and genuine Flamenco costume and other artifacts and authentic pieces brought to New Iberia from Malaga region of Spain. Until Dec. 20. Opening reception is 7 p.m. Friday.
Backwoods Gallery: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
Julien Poydras Museum and Arts center: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose