- BREC-A-BOO: 6 p.m.-10 p.m. Forest Community Park, 13900 South Harrells Ferry Road. Come dressed in Halloween costumes and enjoy games, ghostly visitors and more. brec.org
- HALLOWEEN OPERA BALL: 6:30 p.m., City Club. Food, drinks, networking, and live music. There will be a live auction. Shuttles from Riverside Limo will pick up guests and bring them to the City Club and back. Dress in formal gown, suit, or costume.
ANNUAL WINE AND FOOD EXPERIENCE: 7 P.M., CELTIC STUDIOS, 10000 CELTIC DRIVE. GUESTS CAN ENJOY WINE AND FOOD FROM LOCAL RESTAURANTS IN THIS FUNDRAISER FOR THE BATON ROUGE IRISH CLUB. PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS INCLUDE BEAUSOLEIL, CITY PORK BRASSERIE & BAR, GALATOIRE’S BISTRO AND FRENCH MARKET BISTRO. THIS YEAR’S FEATURED CHEF IS MATT MURPHY OF THE IRISH HOUSE IN NEW ORLEANS. WILD IRISH ROOTS WILL PERFORM. THE EVENT ALSO INCLUDES SILENT AND LIVE AUCTIONS. TICKETS ARE $40 IN ADVANCE AT THE ELIZABETHAN GALLERY AT 680 JEFFERSON HIGHWAY. AT THE DOOR, TICKETS ARE $50. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT BRIRISHCLUB.COM.
- OF MOVING COLORS PRODUCTIONS ROMEO & JULIET: 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, 100 Lafayette St. Company dancers Will Bove and Courtney Landry will appear as Romeo and Juliet.
- BOO AT THE ZOO: BREC Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road, Baton Rouge. Go for a trick-or-treating extravaganza at the zoo. Wear your best costumes, wander through the Hay Maze and make a memory at the Safari Snapshot photo booth. Regular admission applies. Open 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. brzoo.org
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, 501 Main St. Explore the latest bounties downtown at this weekly event. If raining, the market will be located inside the Galvez Garage. breada.org
- CANE FIELD CLASSIC: 8 a.m., Margaret Plantation, 2213 Lafiton Lane. Runners will race down field roads, surrounded by sugar cane on all sides, travel along large canals and view the Louisiana State Capitol. To register, visit www.active.com/port-allen-la/running/races/cane-field-classic-2015
- CORN MAZE SATURDAYS: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden, 4560 Essen Lane. Test your skills at this maze attraction. The event also features a hayride.
- PETS N’ PADDLING: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Milford Wampold Park, 901 Stanford Ave. BREC invites animal enthusiasts, ages 8 and older, to spend a day on University Lake with their pooch. Participants and their dogs are allowed 15 minutes to paddle kayaks, canoes and paddle boards with a voluntary $10 contribution to Friends of the Animals.
- SHADOW PUPPET WORKSHOP: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., 100 Lafayette St. Arts Educator Cindy Blair leads an all-ages workshop on shadow puppets. For more information, visit lsumoa.org or call 225-389-7200.
- ROCK, ROLL & RESCUE: Noon-6 p.m., Whitney Bank parking lot, 523 Florida Blvd. The show will feature cars, trucks and motorcycles as well as food, vendors,drawings, prizes, awards, truck or treat, kids costume contest, gumbo cook-off and pet adoptions. This is event is for all ages. All proceeds benefit SPCA of Livingston.
- USS KIDD FALL FIELD DAYS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. USS Kidd Veterans Memorial and Museum, 305 S. River Road. usskidd.com
- LSU HALLOWEEN BOOZAR: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., LSU. The campus’ life skills program hosts this fun-filled family event. Bring a canned good for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank.
- WORXAUDIO BY PRESONUS BEST KEPT SECRET TOUR: 1 p.m.-5 p.m., Varsity Theatre, 3353 Highland Road. Free full-line demonstration of the WorxAudio by PreSonus loudspeaker family including Ai-Series contractor systems, X & V-Series line arrays and sub woofers.
- SPANISH MOON PRESENTS “BLOOD!!! GORE!!!”: 9 p.m.-2 a.m., Spanish Moon, 1109 Highland Road. Costume contest in which the winner will receive $200 cash prize. There will be fake blood on everything and everyone. Judging begins at midnight.
- SCIENCE CAFÉ: 7 p.m., Chelsea’s Café, 2857 Perkins Road. A discussion on trending topics in science in the side bar at the Perkins Road restaurant and bar.
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, 6400 Perkins Road. The weekly Thursday market operates weather permitting.
- WOMEN IN DANCE PRESENTS KIM JONES/YIN MEI & GUESTS: 8 p.m., Manship Theatre, 100 Lafayette St. This performance will feature a contemporary dance evening with repertoire by Isadora Duncan, Martha Graham and more.
- THE 13TH GATE: 832 St. Phillip St., Baton Rouge. Explore the haunts and frights at one of the scariest haunted house attractions in the country. Opens at 6:30 p.m. Tickets start at $25. Starting this week, the attraction will be open through Oct. 31. midnightproduction.com
- CAPITOL CITY CONTEMPORARY 2 — THE LANDSCAPES: Through Jan. 10, Louisiana Arts And Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. The annual display spotlights the age-old tradition of landscape painting.
- CAAWS CAT ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, Acadian Village Petco, 3535 Perkins Road. caaws.org
- CAAWS DOG ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays, CAAWS Shelter, 6357 Quinn Drive. caaws.org
- CAT ADOPTIONS: Noon-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. (225) 636-2680.
- DULCIMER SOCIETY BEGINNER CLASSES: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., Mondays through Nov. 2, Community Bible Church, 8354 Jefferson Highway. Adults as well as children, over 10 years old. A parent must stay with their child. Contact Helen Bankston at (225) 753-7917 to register. Free event and loaner dulcimers will be available.
- DOCTOR SPARK, THE ROVING EXPLAINER: Noon-2 p.m., Saturdays, Louisiana Arts And Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. Celebrate the International Year of Light with Dr. Spark.
- ELIZABETHAN GALLERY: 680 Jefferson Highway. Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. elizabethangallery.com
- FRAMEWORKS GALLERY: 8501 Highland Road. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. For more information, call (225) 769-0582 or visit fwgallery.net.
- INTERNATIONAL FOLK DANCING: 7:30p.m.-10 p.m., Fridays (except holidays), Huey P. Long Field House on LSU campus (by the Indian Mounds), Room 120. Beginners welcome, no partner needed. Contact James Burke at (225) 766-0517 for more information. Free.
- THE GALLERY AT MANSHIP THEATRE: 100 Lafayette St. manshiptheatre.org
- JONES WALKER FOYER: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Hours are 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, and 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Free. (225) 346-5001.
- THE LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE LEGACY OF DAN KILEY: Through Dec. 12, 210 LSU Student Union. The exhibition features 45 vibrant photographs, documenting the current state of Dan Kiley’s most significant designs. email@example.com
- LOUISIANA ART & SCIENCE MUSEUM: 100 River Road S. (225) 344-5272 or lasm.org
- LOUISIANA’S OLD STATE CAPITOL: 100 N. Blvd. Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. (225) 342-0500.
- LSU MUSEUM OF ART: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Check out the exhibitions “Toulouse-Lautrec and La Vie Moderne: Paris 1880-1910,” running through March 20, 2016 and “Shaking Up Prohibition: The Cocktail Drawings of Olive Leonhardt,” through Oct. 31. lsumoa.org
- LSU SCHOOL OF ART’S ALFRED C. GLASSELL JR. GALLERY: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (225) 389-7180.
- MISS TRUDY’S TRAVELING TRUNK SHOW: 11 a.m., Louisiana Arts & Science Museum, Adalié Brent Auditorium, 100 S. River Road. An interactive program for young children that explores the art and science of the seasons.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road. (225) 774-7701.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, PetSmart, 8660 Airline Hwy. Kittens, cats, puppies and dogs are available from the Northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Friends of the Animals Adoption House, 8476 Highland Road. friendsoftheanimalsbr.org
- PLANETARIUM SHOWS: 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. (225) 344-527.
- SUN LIGHT/STAR LIGHT — CONTEMPLATIONS ON THE SOLAR ORB: Through Jan. 3, Louisiana Arts And Science Museum, 100 S. River Road. Multi-media exhibition, explore the scientific, aesthetic, and spiritual dimensions regarding the moon and sun.
- WEST BATON ROUGE MUSEUM: 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen. westbatonrougemuseum.org
- WINE WALK: 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Restaurant IPO, 421 Third St. Taste wines and enjoy foods in downtown Baton Rouge. $10 for a wine bracelet and a wine card for the list of venues and the number of tastings. Must be 21 years old. restaurantipo.com
- Yelp! BR Pet Adoptions: Noon-4 p.m. Sundays, and 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Petco Acadian Village, 3535 Perkins Road. Applications accepted for adoption approval. (225) 485-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by Whitney Christy