- BOOK RELEASE AND PERFORMANCE: 2 p.m., BeauSoleil Home, 140 Girard Park Circle, Lafayette. W. Geoff Gjertson, Dege Legg, Pliny Fisk II and Edward J. Cazayoux will release “Generating Hope: Stories of the BeauSoleil Louisiana Solar Home.” Michael Doucet will perform in celebration of the book release and 5th anniversary of the BeauSoleil Home. Public tours available through Sunday. (337) 482-1163.
- “RUMORS”: 7:30 p.m., Vonnie Borden Theatre, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. A production of the Neil Simon comedic play. $10, general admission; $5, Southeastern faculty and staff, seniors, and non-Southeastern students; free, SLU students with ID. (985) 549-2115.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- HAPPY GHOST WEEKEND: Cajun RVera Clubhouse, 713 NW Bypass (La. 3212), New Iberia. No scary costumes allowed. There will be a pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, hayride, arts and crafts, music and games. (337) 256-8681 or Cajun_RVera.com
- ANTIQUE FAIR & YARD SALE: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Old Schoolhouse Antique Mall, Washington. More than 200 vendors, food. Take exit 25 off I-49. (337) 826-3580 or www.oldschoolhouseantiquemall.com
- “THE REAL INSPECTOR HOUND”: 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Cite des Arts, 109 Vine St., Lafayette. A one-act play by Tom Stoppard. $15. www.citedesarts.org
- TEAM ROPING: New Roads Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. (225) 638-3998
- ONTAP ROUX RUN: 8 a.m.-9:30 a.m., downtown New Iberia. 5K run through New Iberia. Breakfast and drink specials at the finish line. (337) 352-2180 or IberiaonTap.com.
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- PRESENTATION: 10 a.m., Ascension Parish Library Main Branch, 708 S. Irma Ave., Gonzales. Presentation is “Do You have Ancestors from the Canary Islands?”
235TH ANNIVERSARY BATTLE OF BATON ROUGE 1779: 10 A.M.-2 P.M., AUDUBON STATE HISTORIC SITE, 11788 LA. 965, ST. FRANCISVILLE. AN EXPERIENCE OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION AND CELEBRATION OF FALL IN THE FELICIANAS. (225) 635-3739
BEHIND THE SCENES AT ROSEDOWN: 10:30 A.M., ROSEDOWN PLANTATION, 12501 LA. 10, ST FRANCISVILLE. A LOOK AT THE RESTORATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE HISTORIC HOUSE AND GARDEN. TOUR GIVEN BY SITE MANAGER PATRICIA ALESHIRE. (225) 635-3110
RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 P.M.-7:30 P.M., LIBERTY THEATER, EUNICE. SHERYL CORMIER AND CAJUN SOUNDS WILL PERFORM. (337) 457-7389 OR WWW.EUNICE-LA.COM
- ARTWALK: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 Vermillion St., Lafayette. The event will be a beer walk in celebration of the 8th Annual Gulf Brew. (337) 233-7060
FRANKENSTEIN - THE MOVIE SCORE: 7:30 P.M., COLUMBIA THEATRE, 220 E. THOMAS ST., HAMMOND. SOUTHEASTERN WIND SYMPHONY WILL PERFORM WITH GUEST CONDUCTOR MICHAEL SHAPIRO. $20-$34. (985) 543-4371
- BIG CAJUN OLYMPIC TRIATHLON: 7:30 a.m., Morrison Parkway Boat Ramp, New Roads. Event also includes Big Cajun Aquabike and False River 1500 Open Water Swim. (225) 448-2878 or Michelle@fleetfeetbatonrouge.com.
- “THE MUSICAL WORLD OF DISNEY”: 3:30 p.m., The Bayou Church, 2234 Kaliste Saloom Road, Lafayette. A performance by the Lafayette Concert Band. The show will include a “Frozen” sing-a-long. $10. (337) 989-1279
- PAINT YOUR DREAM: 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Livingston Parish Library Denham Springs-Walker Branch, 8101 U.S. 190, Denham Springs. To celebrate Teen Read Week, youths ages 12-18 can come to the library for a hot spiced apple cider drink and learn basic painting techniques. Registration is required. (225) 665-8118
EXTREME ESTEEM: 6 P.M.-8:30 P.M., ASCENSION PARISH LIBRARY MAIN BRANCH, 708 S. IRMA AVE, GONZALES. A WORKSHOP FOR TEENS AND THEIR PARENTS TO PROVIDE TOOLS THEY NEED TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES. FREE, BUT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. (225) 647-3955
- DANCEAPALOOZA: 7:30 p.m., Vonnie Borden Theatre, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. Featuring dances created ‘fresh on the spot’ from scores or maps. Presented by SLY Dance Department. $5.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160.
CAJUN MUSIC JAM SESSION: 6 P.M., FOUNDRY ON THE BAYOU, 715 W. 1ST ST., THIBODAUX. SPONSORED BY THE CAJUN MUSIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY, THE SHOW FEATURES PERFORMANCES BY A MIX OF PROFESSIONAL AND AMATEUR MUSICIANS. WELOVECAJUNMUSIC.ORG
- SPAGHETTI & MEATBALL DINNER: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Cottonport Community Center, Across from Pointe Coupee Parish Court House, New Roads. Hosted by the Pointe Coupee Animal Shelter. Food prepared by Tony Plauche Cajun Concoctions. $8. (225) 505-6787
- ADVENTURE TIME: 4 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Main Branch, 708 S. Irma Ave, Gonzales. Teens, grades 6-12, can create their own Enchridion, take photos with BMO and complete other themed crafts. (225) 647-3955
- ANNIVERSARY PARTY: 5 p.m.-7 p.m., Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center, 113 N. Cypress St., Hammond. In celebration of the center’s fourth anniversary. (985) 340-9150
- SOVIET PHOTOJOURNALISTS AND THE HOLOCAUST: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum, University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The group will focus on the historical context of images in the exhibit “Through Soviet Jewish Eyes: Photography, War, and the holocaust”. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
- LSU PERFORMING ARTS SERIES: 6:30 p.m., Health Technology Auditorium, LSU-Eunice. Hank Fincken will perform his one-man show “Almost Mr. Edison, Almost” in which he portrays Thomas Edison. (337) 457-1510
IMPAIRED FACULTIES: 7:30 P.M., COLUMBIA THEATRE, 220 E. THOMAS ST., HAMMOND. THE SOUTHEASTERN FACULTY MEMBER BAND WILL PERFORM IN A BENEFIT FOR SLU’S FANFARE AND PROGRAMMING AT THE THEATER. $12, ADULTS; $5, CHILDREN. (985) 543-4371
- MRS. INDEPENDENT: 8 p.m., Heyman Performing Arts Center, 1373 S. College Road, Lafayette. A traveling stage play. $44.50-$45.50. ticketmaster.com
- CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond. “Street Art to Gallery Art”: Joseph Staples and Chic Connell, “Spinning on the Enola Gay Hangar Until I Make Myself Sick,” Lisa K. Blat and “Alumni Designers Exhibition.” Ends Nov. 7.
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows-on-the-Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. ShadowsontheTeche.org
- BACKWOODS GALLERY: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
- JULIEN POYDRAS MUSEUM AND ARTS CENTER: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose