- GUMBO COOK-OFF AND CRAFT SHOW: Cajun Palms, Henderson. Teams compete for best chicken and sausage, and seafood gumbos. Judging and serving begins at 3 p.m. Saturday. Awards will be given out at 7 p.m. Saturday. All proceeds are donated to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. cajunpalms.com.
- CRACKLIN FESTIVAL: 129 Park St., Port Barre. For 30 years, this small town has been celebrating the crispy pork treat. The Cracklin Festival includes a cook-off, live music and regional artists. portbarrecracklinfestival.com
WESTWEGO CYPRESS SWAMP FEST: WESTBANK EXPRESSWAY AND AVENUE D, CATFISH BOURGOIS PARK, WESTWEGO. THIS SMALL TOWN FESTIVAL INCLUDES MUSIC FROM THE IDLEWILD CONFEDERATION STRING BAND, CYPRESS BAND AND BRAD SAPIA AS WELL AS CARNIVAL RIDES AND GOOD FOOD. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (504) 341-3424.
- THIBODEAUXVILLE FALL FESTIVAL: Downtown Thibodaux. Enjoy events such as the famous duck race in Bayou Lafourche, a car show, Cajun food and music across several stages. Hours are 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- FOURTH ANNUAL HOLIDAY MARKET: New Iberia City Park, La-87 300 Parkview Ave., New Iberia. This semi-annual event benefits city recreation department programs and will feature children activities, food and jewelry vendors. Hours are 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- ATCHAFALAYA BASIN FESTIVAL: Henry Guidry Park, 103 Park Drive, Henderson. Hear live Cajun music and enjoy a cooking contest, car and truck show and more at this festival. Hours are 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Free admission and parking. basinfestival.com.
- LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL: 46468 River Road, Hammond. Travel back in time to the 16th century where the atmosphere is adventurous and exciting and filled with turkey legs. The annual Renaissance Festival features more than 600 vendors as well as 50 shows and demonstrations daily. Also, turkey legs. The festival will take place every weekend through Dec. 13. larf.net
COVINGTON THREE RIVERS ART FESTIVAL: Downtown Covington. Enjoy works from 200 artists from 20 states in this free festival and juried art show. threeriversartfestival.com
- LAKE CHARLES FLEA FEST: Burton Complex Event Barn, 7001 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles. This is a bargain hunter’s dream. The market covers nearly four acres and features vintage items, toys, clothes, art and furniture. Regular admission is $5. Early bird power hour starts at 8 a.m. Saturday, and admission is $10. The festival will be open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. fleafest.com.
- TREME CREOLE GUMBO FESTIVAL: Armstrong Park, 701 N. Rampart St., New Orleans. This free festival features New Orleans style jazz and R&B as well as gumbo in a variety of styles. Admission is free. Hours are 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- DESTREHAN PLANTATION FALL FESTIVAL: Destrehan Plantation, 13034 River Road, Destrehan. This 44th annual event features arts and crafts, antique vendors in the Mule Barn, a Cajun and Creole food park, and live entertainment. destrehanplantation.org.
Compiled by Advocate staff