- INTERNATIONAL ARTS ALMOST SLEEPOVER: 5 p.m.-10 p.m., Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center, 113 N. Cypress St., Hammond. Includes dinner, fashion show, crafts, games, discovery time and the movie “Ratatouille.” $20, members first child and $15 additional child; $25 non-members first child and $20 additional child. (985) 340-9150 or email@example.com
- MUSIC & MARKET: 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., La Vieux Village/Farmer’s Market Pavillion, 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Featuring music by CJ Chenier. (337) 948-6263 or cityofopelousas.com
- LAST FRIDAY FILM SERIES: 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Julien Poydras Museum & Arts Center Auditorium, 500 W. Main St., New Roads. “Remember the Titans.” Presented by the Pointe Coupee Parish Historical Society, (225) 718-6706 or pointecoupeehistoricalsociety.org
SWEENEY TODD - THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET: 7:30 P.M., COLUMBIA THEATRE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, 220 E. THOMAS ST., HAMMOND. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY’S OPERA/MUSIC THEATRE WORKSHOP PRODUCTION OF THE BROADWAY MUSICAL. $21, ADULTS; $16, SENIORS, SOUTHEASTERN FACULTY/STAFF AND NON-SOUTHEASTERN STUDENTS; AND $8, CHILDREN 12 AND YOUNGER. SOUTHEASTERN STUDENTS ARE ADMITTED FREE OF CHARGE WITH THEIR ID. EMAIL CEFFLER@SOUTHEASTERN.EDU.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- SUGARFEST 4-H LIVESTOCK SHOW: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., SugArena at Acadiana Fairgrounds, 713 NW Bypass, La. 3212, New Iberia. (337) 365-7539 or SugArena.com
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, #2 W. Thomas St., Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park. Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231
- BARREL RACE COMPETITION: 9 a.m., New Roads Multi-Use Center, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads. Competitions will be held throughout the day. Fees apply to compete, free to spectators. (225) 718-2438
- NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY: 2 p.m.-4 p.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, La. 10, St. Francisville. Ranger Samantha Jenkins will host a chalk pastel and oil paint tutorial. (225) 635-3110 or LaStateParks.com
- SHOWTUNES SING-ALONG: 7 p.m.-11 p.m., Des Amis Dining and Catering, 225 W. Main St., New Iberia. Free. Daberry.org
‘THE 78 PROJECT’ MOVIE SCREENING: 7:30 P.M., ACADIANA CENTER FOR THE ARTS, 101 VERMILLION ST., LAFAYETTE. FOLLOWING THE FILM, A ONE-TRACK 78 RECORD WILL BE PRODUCED ON STAGE, WITH THE AUDIENCE GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF THE RECORDING FEATURING WAYNE TOUPS. $12 REGULAR AND $10 MEMBERS, STUDENTS, SENIORS. ACADIANACENTERFORTHEARTS.ORG
SATURDAY AND TUESDAY
- TECHE AREA FARMERS MARKET: 7 a.m.-11 a.m. Saturday, and 2:30 p.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday, Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 369-2330
- CLASSICAL/JAZZ PIANIST WILLIS DELONY: 7:30 p.m., Pottle Music Building Auditorium, SLU campus, Hammond. Free.
- THEN AND NOW: 1 p.m., Pottle Auditorium, Columbia Theatre, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. Lecture by Michael Martin as part of Southeastern Louisiana University’s Fanfare.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. Locally grown produce and homemade products. (337) 577-9160
CAJUN MUSIC JAM SESSION: 6 P.M., FOUNDRY ON THE BAYOU, 715 W. 1ST ST., THIBODAUX. SPONSORED BY THE CAJUN MUSIC PRESERVATION SOCIETY, THE SHOW FEATURES PERFORMANCES BY A MIX OF PROFESSIONAL AND AMATEUR MUSICIANS. WELOVECAJUNMUSIC.ORG
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-PATTERSON: 118 Cotten Road, Patterson. Exhibit of a variety of crafts by 16 members of the Louisiana Crafts Guild.
Shadows on the Teche: 317 W. Main St., New Iberia. “Photography & Beyond,” Exhibit of Roxy Blanton and Margaret Melancon’s work. “Pete deGravelles Sugar Tour,” tours focusing on the historic sugar industry during the week of the Louisiana Sugar Cane Festival. ShadowsontheTeche.org
- BACKWOODS GALLERY: 11931 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Feliciana Branch of the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild exhibit will run until Dec. 31 and features a wide variety of subject matter, style and sizes. (225) 683-8673
- JULIEN POYDRAS MUSEUM AND ARTS CENTER: 500 W. Main St., New Roads, 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. “Sister Ann Constance: Art & Community Art Exhibition” will run until Jan. 15.
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose