- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Fifth Street between Main and Laurel streets, downtown. Homegrown produce and other homemade products. (225) 267-5060
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, 8470 Goodwood Blvd. (parking lot of Unitarian Church).
- LSU WIND ENSEMBLE: 7:30 p.m., LSU Union Theater. $20, general public; $15, LSU faculty/staff and seniors; $10, students. (225) 578-5128 or music.lsu.edu
- The Eclectic Truth Slam and Open Mic Poetry Reading: 7:30 p.m.-10 p.m., Firehouse Gallery, Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, 427 Laurel St.
- RED STICK MOBILE FARMERS MARKET: 9 a.m.-11 a.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway; and 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m., Star Hill Church, 1400 N. Foster Drive. Weather permitting.
- RED STICK REVELRY CHAMPAGNE STROLL: 5:30 p.m., beginning at Visit Baton Rouge, ending at Roux House, downtown. Preview the lights downtown and learn about upcoming events. Complimentary champagne. Proceeds benefit the New Year’s Eve fireworks display. $35 or $25 for Forum 35 members. redstickrevelry.com
- THE ONE WITH THE HAPPY HOUR FRIENDS TRIVIA: 6 p.m., Hartley/Vey Studio Theatre, 100 Lafayette St., entrance on North Boulevard. Fan-favorite episodes of “Friends” with trivia, songs and foosball activities. Reservations encouraged. Free. (225) 344-0334
- ORION LAUNCH CELEBRATION: 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 River Road S. The planetarium will offer information, video, previews and liftoff viewing of Orion, NASA’s newest non-passenger spacecraft. lasm.org
- YOGA IN THE GALLERIES: 6 p.m., LSU Museum of Art, 100 Lafayette St. Organized by the Red Stick Peace Makers. Free. (225) 389-7209
- CAAWS CAT ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, Acadian Village Petco, 3535 Perkins Road. CAAWS.org
- CAAWS DOG ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays, CAAWS Shelter, 6357 Quinn Drive. CAAWS.org
- CAFFERY GALLERY: 4016 Government St. “Love Letters, Fairy Tales, and Things that Used to Be” by Therese Knowles, through Dec. 31. (225) 388-9397
- CAPITOL PARK MUSEUM: 660 N. 4th St. “Revolution! The Atlantic World Reborn,” exhibit of art and history spanning the late 18th and early 19th centuries, including Napoleon Bonparte’s death mask. Through March 1.
- CAT ADOPTIONS: noon-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 N. Harrell’s Ferry Road. The society also holds adoption events 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday at the PetSmart in Siegen Marketplace and the Acadian Village Petco. (225) 636-2680
- DOG ADOPTIONS: Noon-4 p.m., Petco, 3535 Perkins Road. $125 adoption fee. Sponsored by Yelp! BR. (225) 485-9200
- GREENWELL SPRINGS ROAD BRANCH LIBRARY: 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. “Profile of a Black Woman,” exhibit by Antoine “Ghost” Mitchell, through Sunday. Hours: 2 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday. (225) 274-4440.
- LOUISIANA ART & SCIENCE MUSEUM: 100 River Road S. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday. Main Gallery feature: “Art in Action: Inflate. Draw. Pour,” an exhibit presented in honor of Prospect 3+, an international contemporary art biennial. Soupcon Gallery features “Peter de Francia: An Italianate in Britain,” an exhibit to showcase the distinctive paintings of the British writer and teacher. Through Jan. 4.
- LOUISIANA STATE ARCHIVES: 3851 Essen Lane. Baton Rouge Art League 80th Anniversary Exhibition, through Sunday. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. the first Saturday of each month. Free. (225) 922-1000
- LSU MUSEUM OF ART: Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Installation of Silas Breaux, through Jan. 25. “LeRoy Neiman: Action!,” exhibit of work by the American artist and sports illustrator, through Jan. 17. “Rooted Communities” by Nari Ward, through Jan. 18. “Accalia and the Swamp Monster” by Kelli Scott Kelley, through Jan. 25. lsumoa.org
- LSU STUDENT UNION ART GALLERY: LSU campus. “Louisiana State of Mind”. The exhibit features art by only local artists. Until Dec. 19. (225) 578-5162 or lsu.edu/union
- PET ADOPTIONS: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Companion Animal Alliance, 2680 Progress Road. Prices include spay/neuter, microchip and all vaccinations. The society also offers adoptions 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Acadian Village Petco. For more information, call (225) 774-7701.
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, PetSmart, 8660 Airline Highway. Kittens, cats, puppies and dogs available from the Northside Humane Society. (225) 964-6992
- PET ADOPTIONS: 11:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, The Friends of the Animals Adoption House, 8476 Highland Road. The organization also offers adoptions noon-3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Orvis in Perkins Rowe. friendsoftheanimalsbr.org
- RUE COU COU: 1847 Government St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Amy Anderson exhibit of Gemeaux stained glass, acrylics and mosaics, through December. ruecoucou.com
- VANGUARD GALLERY AT STEPHEN WILSON STAINED GLASS: 1469 Laurel St. “Birds of a Feather,” benefit exhibit for Bethany Centre Primary School, Jjungo, Uganda. (225) 343-2211
- WEST BATON ROUGE MUSEUM: 845 N. Jefferson, Port Allen. “War of 1812 Quilts,” until Jan. 1. (225) 336-2422, ext. 15
Compiled by Leslie D. Rose