- NOLA CHRISTMASFEST: Noon, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd., New Orleans. Enjoy an ice skating rink, holiday characters, amusement rides and much more. General admission tickets are $5. Group rates and all access passes are available. For more information, visit nolachristmasfest.com. This event runs through Dec. 27.
- J.S.S. CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: 4:30 p.m. Friday, 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Saturday, John Schneider Studios, 16060 U.S. 190, Holden. The studios’ first Christmas festival will center around three performances of the NOLA Voice Talent Foundation’s staged radio play of “It’s a Wonderful Life” in the barn. Also included in the on-grounds entertainment will be professional Christmas carolers, jugglers, clowns, stilt walkers and face painters. $35, adults; $20, children. eventbrite.com, search for John Schneider
- ZWOLLE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL: Zwolle Festival Ground, 1100 S. Main St., Zwolle. This festive event includes the annual parade, starting at 4 p.m., as well as food, children’s games, and a fireworks display at 6 p.m. For more information, call (318) 645-6150.
- CRESCENT PARK BAZAAR: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mandeville Wharf, 2300 N. Peters St., New Orleans. This outdoor market featuring local artisans and food trucks. For more information, visit frenchmarket.org.
- KENNER HOLIDAY GUN AND KNIFE SHOW: Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Pontchartrain Center, 4545 Williams Blvd., Kenner. See more than 400 tables of new and old guns, knives, ammo and gun parts. For more information, visit pontchartraincenter.com.
- ZOOLIGHTS: Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. This annual zoo event features a mile-long trail of 50 illuminated displays of animals. Gates to the event will be open at 5:30 p.m. Admission is $5 for adults and teens, $4 for seniors, and $3 for ages 2-12 and Friends of the Zoo members. brzoo.org.
REFLECTIONS OF THE SEASON: 5:30 p.m.-9 p.m. West Baton Rouge Tourist Information & Conference Center Grounds, 2750 N. Westport Drive. Enjoy horse drawn wagon rides, children’s carnival rides and Trevor the singing reindeer. Entrance fee is $1. (800) 654-9701 or westbatonrouge.net.
Compiled by Advocate staff