- DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL: 8 a.m., Tchefuncte River, 403 St. Francis St., Madisonville. Teams race dragon boats in various categories. The festival also features food, arts and crafts, demonstrations and an awards ceremony. Admission free. (416) 962-8899 or gwndragonboat.com.
- BATON ROUGE GREEK FESTIVAL: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Belle of Baton Rouge Atrium, 103 France St. A celebration of Greece’s food, music, dance and crafts. Admission is $1, or free with non-perishable food donation. brgreekfest.com
- CRAWFISH MAMBO: 11 a.m.-6 p.m., UNO, 2000 Lakeshore Drive., New Orleans. $20, advance; $25, door. UNO International Alumni Association hosts this crawfish cook-off, with all-you-can-eat crawfish for attendees and live music. crawfishmambo.com.
- PIE ONE ON: 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Madewood Plantation House, 4250 La. 308, Napoleonville. The Best of the Bayou pie competition includes seafood, meat and fruit categories. Free. (985) 369-7151 or madewood.com.
BOAT POKER RUN AND Q-ING ON THE BAYOU: NOON-10 P.M., DELCAMBRE BOAT DOCK, DELCAMBRE. LIVE ENTERTAINMENT BY SIDESHOW FROM 5 P.M. TO 9 P.M. CONCESSIONS, REFRESHMENTS, T-SHIRTS, BARBECUE COOK-OFF. PROCEEDS BENEFIT DELCAMBRE BOAT PARADE AND DELCAMBRE HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND. $5. DELCAMBREBOATPARADE.COM.
- LAKE FEST: noon, Bucktown Marina, 200 Metairie Hammond Highway, Metairie. Presented by the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Founation Save Our Lake/Save Our Coast. Featuring “Back to the Beach” car show, local food and arts, live music and crafts. $5, adults; free, ages 13 and younger.
- NATCHEZ ARTS FESTIVAL: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., downtown Natchez, Miss. Exhibits and sale of artworks, live music, dance, performing arts presentations, food, educational programs and workshops. Admission free. (504) 508-6800 or natchezartsfestival.com.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn