- NEW ORLEANS JAZZ FEST: Fair Grounds Race Course, 1751 Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans. Live music, food, art and more. nojazzfest.com.
- THIBODAUX FIREMEN’S FAIR: 10 a.m., Tiger Drive and Parish Road, Thibodaux. Firemen’s Fair to raise money for the Thibodaux Volunteer Fire Department.
- TOMATO FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Our Lady of Prompt Succor Church, 2320 Paris Road, Chalmette. Family-oriented festival with amusement rides and games.
- BREAUX BRIDGE CRAWFISH FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., Parc Hardy, 2090 Rees St., Breaux Bridge. More than 30 Cajun, zydeco, and swamp pop bands on three stages celebrating crawfish.
- LITTLE RED CHURCH FOOD AND FUN FESTIVAL: 10 a.m., St. Charles Borromeo Church, 13396 River Road, Destrehan. Amusement park rides, food and beverages, games, raffles, music and community building.
- LES BON VIEUX TEMPS SUR LE CHENAL: Immaculate Conception, La. 414, Jarreau. Cajun food, rides, games, crafts, live music, four-wheeler raffle. (225) 324-0852.
- HERB & GARDEN FESTIVAL: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunset. Yard art, fresh herbs, native plants, herbal products, plants and flowers, food and fun for kids.
- IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY FAMILY FESTIVAL: 10:30 a.m., Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, 11140 La. 77, Maringouin. Raffle, bingo, face painting. BBQ chicken dinners for sale for $7. (225) 625-2438.
Compiled by Emily Beck Cogburn