- Ann Connelly Fine Art, 1670 Lobdell Ave., Suite 100, is showing the work of Lisa Qualls through Feb. 28. A Baton Rouge native and current Houston resident, the artist concentrates on microcosms of found foliage, flora and animals. Gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday or by appointment. (225)-927-7676, email email@example.com or annconnelly.com.
- Swine Palace invites patrons to arrive early for "Arcadia" to participate in conversations 30 minutes before show time. The schedule is: Feb. 18, panel with George Judy and Mike Vanden Heuvel; Feb. 20-21, Harrison Magner on "Arcadia by Tom Stoppard;" Feb. 22, Jeff Keuhny and Kevin Risk on "Landscape/Agriculture in Arcadia;" Feb. 23, George Judy on "Here am I in Arcadia;" Feb. 24, Vince LiCata on "Chaos Theory, Fractals, Disorder;" and Feb. 25, George Judy on "Here am I in Arcadia." Performances are in the Claude L. Shaver Theatre at LSU. (225) 578-4174 or swinepalace.org.
- Tickets are on sale for the LSU Wind Ensemble's performance of "Bells for Stokowski" by LSU's composer-in-residence Michael Daugherty at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20 in the LSU Union Theatre with guest soprano Hila Pitmann and guest conductor Frank Wickes, former LSU director of bands. Damon Talley is the ensemble's conductor. For tickets, call (225) 578-3527 or visit lsu.edu/cmda.
- Louisiana's Old State Capitol, 100 North Blvd., is holding an opening reception for its new exhibit, "CODOFIL: Fifty Years of Activism," at 6 p.m. Feb. 22. (225) 342-0500 or louisianaoldstatecapitol.org.
- Tickets are on sale for "An Evening with the Julian Lage Trio" at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 23 at the Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. (337) 233-7060 or acadianacenterforthearts.org.
Follow Robin Miller on Twitter, @rmillerbr.