Here's what's happening this week in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge is calling for artists to submit their work to be displayed at Southern University’s Innovation Center. This call is open to all themes and categories of two-dimensional visual arts. For submission guidelines and requirements, call (225) 344-8558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline is Sept. 15 for submitting entries to the Louisiana Marathon's Art Print Contest. For requirements, visit thelouisianamarathon.com/2018-art-print.
- The deadline is Oct. 4 for The Capital Area Transit System's "Red Stick Bicentennial Art Contest." CATS is sponsoring the contest with The Red Stick Project in collaboration with The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge. For requirements, call (225) 344-8558 or visit artsbr.org.
- Artists and photographers of all ages are invited to submit their work to the next River Community Church art and photography exhibit, running Aug. 20-Oct. 1 at the church, 36367 Old Perkins Road, Prairieville. For information, call (225) 744-4367 or email email@example.com.
- Tickets are on sale for the Acadiana Center for the Arts' "Season 7," featuring dance, theater, music and art. For more information, visit acadianacenterforthearts.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Playmakers of Baton Rouge's production of "Junie B. Jones: The Musical," opening Aug. 25 at the Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU campus. For tickets, call (225) 578-6996 or visit playmakersbr.org.
- Auditions for Theatre Baton Rouge's production of "Sister Act: A Divine Musical Comedy" are by appointment only between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Aug. 19; and 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. Aug. 20, at the theater, 7155 Florida Blvd. Callbacks will be 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Aug. 20. For more information, call (225) 924-6496 or visit theatrebr.org.