- The St. Tammany Art Association is looking for "Fall for Art" volunteers. All ages are welcome. For more information, visit sttammanyartassociation.org.
- Tickets are on sale for a film screening and panel discussion on "Take Me to the River" at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 27 at the Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette, and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 29 at the Manship Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St., Baton Rouge. Panelists will be musicians William Bell, Charlie White, Bobby Rush and film director Martin Shore. For Lafayette tickets, call (337) 233-7060 or visit acadianacenterforthearts.org; Baton Rouge tickets, call (225) 344-0334 or visit manshiptheatre.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Louisiana's Old State Capitol's annual fundraiser "Spirits of Louisiana" on Oct. 26. Tickets are $25-$75 by calling (225) 342-0500 or visiting louisianaoldstatecapitol.org.
- The Runnels School's faculty art show, "Those Who Teach, Can," opens Oct. 2 at the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, 427 Laurel St. For more information, call (225) 344-8558 or visit artsbr.org.
- Ann Connelly Fine Art, 1670 Lobdell Ave., Suite 100, is showing California artist Michael Buscemi's newest suite of dimensional hand-cut collages. For more information, call (225) 927-7676 or visit annconnelly.com.
- The Pointe Coupee Historical Society opens its new Pelican Chamber Music Concert Series season at 3 p.m. Oct. 1, with guitarist Jorge Luis Zamora. A reception will follow. Admission is free. For more information, call (225) 638-6575 or visit pointecoupeehistoricalsociety.com.
Follow Robin Miller on Twitter, @rmillerbr.