- THE MORNING BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., Baker Branch Library, 3501 Groom Road. “I Am Malala” by Malala Yousafazi.
- BOOK DISCUSSION: 7 p.m., Barnes & Noble CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court. “To Kill A Mockingbird.”
- BOOK SIGNING: 7 p.m., Barnes & Noble CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court. “Fear of Beauty” by Susan Froetschel.
- EDEN PARK WRITER’S CLUB: 3:30 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Meeting for aspiring writers.
- WRITER’S NOOK: 6 p.m., Hammond Branch Library, 314 East Thomas. Find your inner writer tangilibrary.evanced.info/eventsignup.asp?ID=3273.
- SRL SCI-FI FANTASY BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. “Yesterday’s Kin” by Nancy Kress.
- NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DAY: 9 a.m. Barnes & Noble, 5705 Johnston St. The Kids Department is having a special story time.
- ADULT BOOK CLUB: 2:30 p.m., Ponchatoula Branch Library, 380 North Fifth Street.
- SUMMER JOURNAL 2015: 4 p.m., Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Chronicle your summer with composition books.