- LISTEN: The Words of Women: 2 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. A celebration of local female writers as they read from their recent work. Renée Bacher, Claire Boudreaux Bateman, Dorothy Early Davis, Laurie Lynn Drummond, Ava Leavell Haymon, Jacqueline Dee Parker and others. $10. (225) 338-1170 firstname.lastname@example.org, theredshoes.org/programs/february#listen.
- BOOK TALK WITH PATRICIA GAIL: 4:30 p.m., Carver Branch, 720 Terrace St. Gail will discuss her book “Victory! On the Frontline V-Strategy,” which seeks to encourage and motivate those facing adversity.
- READ ACROSS AMERICA: 2:30 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday by hearing “The Shape of Me and Other Stuff,” then pick out the items they think have an interesting shape and use Nature Print solar paper to print them. Ages 4 and up.
- STORYTIME FOR ALL AGES AT THE BUSH BRANCH: 10:30 a.m., Bush Branch, 81597 La. 41. Books, stories, rhymes, activities and music for young children of all ages and their grown-ups. register.stpl.us/evanced/lib/eventsignup.asp?ID=11249.
- PLAY BALL: 6:30 p.m., South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. Learn more about the history of African Americans in baseball with this display and movie, “The Jackie Robinson Story.” The display will be up through Feb. 28.
- BOOK-TO-MOVIE NIGHT: 6 p.m., Livingston Parish Library, 20390 Iowa Street. A movie based on a YA novel, rated PG-13. (225) 686-2436. mylpl.info.