Monday, Oct. 5
- THE BEST NIGHT OWL: 4:30 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Children ages 4 to 8 can visit for a reading of Toni Yuly’s new book, “Night Owl,” and make an owl from a brown paper bag.
Wednesday, Oct. 7
- PLANTATION TALK: 7 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library, Conference Room 2, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. John Sykes, museum director of Magnolia Mound Plantation, will present the “History of Goodwood Plantation.”
Sunday, Oct. 11
- MEET & GREET: 3-5 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Wildlife photographer C.C. Lockwood has lived and worked in fragile ecosystems whose preservation shapes his artistry. Meet him and hear about his latest project.
Monday, Oct. 5
- AUTHOR TALK: 6:30 p.m., Lafayette Parish Main Library, second floor, 301 W. Congress St. Award-winning author/illustrator Marc Brown, of the Arthur series, will talk about the world the character opened for him.
Saturday, Oct. 10
- STAR WARS READS DAY: 1 p.m., East Regional Library, 215 La Neuville Road, Youngsville. “Star Wars” craft and storytime followed at 2:30 p.m. with a showing of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars!” For ages 5 –12.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
- BAYOU STATE BOOK TALKS: 6:30 p.m., Lafayette Parish Main Library, second floor, 301 W. Congress St. Meet authors and discover new books in this series from the Center for Louisiana Studies. This week is “In the Creole Twilight: Poems and Songs from Louisiana Folklore” by Joshua Clegg Caffery.