- COREY WEBSTER READS DR. SEUSS: 4-6 p.m., EBR Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Webster, former LSU football standout and New York Giants Super Bowl champion, will host a birthday celebration honoring Dr. Seuss. After story time with the player, participants can enjoy birthday cake and take a photo with Webster. The first 100 registered participants will get a special gift bag provided by Webster’s foundation. Registration required. Call (225) 763-2260.
- WRITING WORKSHOP: 6-8 p.m., EBR Main Library, Teen Room, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Story Lab is a creative writing workshop for teens held every Tuesday in March. Register by calling (225) 231-3770.
- STORY TIME: 9 a.m., LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens at Burden, 4560 Essen Lane. Children ages 3-8 are invited to book readings and related crafts. Activities start every 30 minutes with the last reading at 10:30 a.m. Event is free, but children must be accompanied by an adult. (225) 763-3990 or discoverburden.com.
- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., EBR Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Like it or Not Book Club will discuss “Brunswick Gardens” by Anne Perry.
- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., EBR Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Artsy Smartsy Book Club will paint to the music of Mozart and read the book “Mozart: The Wonder Child.” For ages 6 and up. Register by calling (225) 658-1540.
AUTHOR TALK: 11 A.M., EBR GREENWELL SPRINGS REGIONAL BRANCH LIBRARY, MEETING ROOM 1, 11300 GREENWELL SPRINGS ROAD. DORIS J. WILLIAMS WILL PRESENT HER BOOK, “ON A SPECIAL JOURNEY CALLED LIFE.”
- BUY ONE, GIVE ONE: Through May 31, Cavalier House Books, 100 N. Range Ave. Every time you buy a “Sue The Mingo” book, the book company will donate a book to Mighty Moms, a local group that provides food and hygiene products and organizes programs for local youngsters. cavalierhousebook.com or (225) 936-3192.
- BOOK CLUB: 11:30 .m., LP South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. The Classics Book Club will discuss “Call of the Wild” by Jack London.
- DOCUMENTARY/BOOK DISCUSSION: 6 p.m., LP North Regional Library, 5101 N. University Ave. The documentary “Underwater Dreams” will be shown, followed by a discussion of the book “Spare Parts.”