- TINY TALES STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m., Abbeville Library, 405 E. St. Victor St.
- ROD DREHER BOOK LAUNCH EVENT: 7 p.m., Barnes & Noble Citiplace, 2590 Citiplace Court. Dreher will be signing copies of and talking about his latest book “How Dante Can Save Your Life.” (225) 926-2600
- SPRING 2015 BROOKS AND WARREN LITERATI DINNER: 6 p.m., Lod Cook Conference Center, 3848 W. Lakeshore Drive. The featured author this year is Flannery O’Connor and, Ralph Wood, professor of theology and literature at Baylor, will present “Flannery O’Connor: Prophetic Writer for an Age of Atrocity.” (225) 578-0780 or email@example.com.
Haikubes: 4 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Celebrate National Poetry Month with a game of Haikubes.
- SENSORY FRIENDLY STORYTIME: 1 p.m., Barnes & Noble CitiPlace, 2590 CitiPlace Court. (225) 926-2600.
- NRL BOOK CLUB: 2 p.m., North Regional Library, 5101 North University Ave. “Necessary Lies” by Diane Chamberlian.
- SRL SCI-FI FANTASY BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., South Regional Library, 6101 Johnston St. “The Incrementalists” by Steve Brust.
- AQUALICIOUS STORYTIME: 11 a.m. 5705 Johnston St. “Aqualicious” by Victoria Kann. Pinkalicious and her family go on a trip to the beach for a day of sun, fun and sand castles. Simple crafts follow the story. store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/4839121.